Door panels ---- 8's and tweeters

I don't use fiberglass on the panels themselves.I had a wood base secured to the panel and the material stapled to that.

In places that I had to secure the material to the door and the staples wouldn't work, I use CA glue. It will not release when the fiberglass resin starts to cure like other glues will.

Now to directly answer your question, if you have a ring and you want to mount it to the door and mold that in, I would use a liquid plastic/urethane.

I use SEM 40507 1 minute set liquid plastic. It requires a specail applicator gun though.

Monday I should be using this to do two 7" drivers in a door next week. I'll take pics and make a thread.

What would you reccomend that the average person could get their hands on to further strengthen the door?

Eve

What would you reccomend that the average person could get their hands on to further strengthen the door?

Eve

I have been meaning to try this stuff out, just haven't gotten the chance yet. It applies with a standard caulk gun. It hardens into solid plastic. Just like Duramix 404 or what I use, SEM 40507.

Click on the first item and see the videos.

http://evercoat.com/productCategory.aspx?cat=6

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.