Door Flexing Issues

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
So now my rear doors flex so much that they are literally clapping. I think it has something to do with me removing the rear speakers. I've noticed the sound before, but never enough where it bothered me. Now, it's terrible.

Could this loss of mass/weight be the culprit? If so, would deadener help out? The rear doors are the only part of my vehicle (besides the floor) that don't have any added mass. I sure hope that is the answer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

the speakers might have added some rigidity?

perhaps try replacing the speakers and see if it makes a difference

have you braced the insides of your door at all? try using some 1/4" steel and attach it with construction adhesive, then use deadener on top of it.

The speakers probably sealed off the door some what.. It's like my rear deck I have no rear speakers so now it flexes but I put 1/2 mdf plate on it (same size as speaker was) and screwed it into the normal screws and helped a lot. Could try that or like someone else said steel or run dampener over it lol.

I don't know if I have a camera that will pic it up. But I guess I will just add more mass to the doors. I guess I need to get some rear fill just to have the extra weight, lol.

How about not turning up the volume so much:D JK. I agree install some deadener and stiffeners. OPTION B= get armored vehicle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Brace them from inside..

My guess would be that once you removed the rear speakers that now pressure is getting in between the inner and outer sheet metal of the door causing the issue you describe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.