dont lie

My dad got me started in installing stuff, basic stuff..HU's and stuff. I branched out from there and dad has just sat back and watched. He learns from me now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. He thinks that i have gotten too deep in it, but will help me out when i need it. He got me started though...and were still really close..

Well...My dad is getting to that point where he realized he waisted a lot of time being mad at me for nothing...So now he is really supportive.

I opened my site, he asked to pay for the server. He wants to get lvl 1-2 certified with me this spring. And he is all for spliting a loan to opening our own shop. He want em to go to an electronic engnerring school either this summer or the next, so that I may eventually get Level 3 Gold.

I guess if you dont have a job but are willing to learn...thoes old investments cango a long way.

Before this my dad only took the CAD drawings I had made for boxes and made cuts for me...i guess i was too "stupid" to use a saw.

Man I can't wait to open my own shop, though the one I'm working in now isn't bad.

Well.. my dad helps with a lot of stuff car audio included.. he is an X car aduio installer. but hes helped me with everyting weve done to his car and we get along real well, i hope me and my son will have the type of realtionship me and my dad have.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My son is gonna have the loudest and fastest little Jeep(you know, those little toy ones in Toys R Us?) on the block:D He'll be able to beat those 19 second Kia's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

That is, if we dont adopt first.

My Dad was the first person to get me going with Mobile Electronics...at the mere age of 6 or 7 I was beginning to learn...I'm very grateful:)

- Steve

Originally posted by ss3079 My Dad was the first person to get me going with Mobile Electronics...at the mere age of 6 or 7 I was beginning to learn...I'm very grateful:)

- Steve
6 or 7.....my son should know as much as i do by the time he's 5 man....heh....u got one girl right now or more than on???? i guess i lucked out....my first kid is a boy....tho my family is mostly boys....so i guess its kinda genetics or somethign like that

My dad died when I was 10. So I was still into video games and computers something that he had no knowledge of I don't know much I know he was a mechanic wish he could have been here longer to help me this way I wouldn't have to play catch up I just learned what a speaker was roughly a year and a half ago same thing with engines I didn't know what a piston was till 3 years ago when I started hanging out with a guy that was into it I had catch up. But its cool my neighbor is older and helps me with my car and helps me build boxes Sorry if this sounds sad not looking for pitty just telling my story //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Hell yeah my dad used to help me out tons, Installing, building boxes and what not. He always thought I was throwing my money away but he still helped!! My oldest boy is almost 9 and already talking about cars and systems so in a few more years I'll be helping him out.

my dad's and Engineer, so if i ever have problems with installing somehting, i can just go ask him and he can make it work. At first, he helped me with about everything and i would just watch, but now, i do everything on my own w/o his help. Its kool cuz he wants me to do some fiberglass work for him in his truck:D

MY Dad is the one who got me into "Stereo" I remember when I was like 7-8 years old (Im35 now !) He came home with the biggest grin on his face and 4 Zenith Speakers for the basement and it was the newest High Tech "Quadrafonic" Sound system that just came out !! If any of you remember "BHA" Better Home Appliances With the little dog Toby ?? My dad ran that places tech department for years and really got me interested in electronics , He use to take me too Hara Arena/Memorial hall and other places he set up the sound systmes in , SO I have always been really interested in this stuff because of him , I remember those huge concert cabinets with like (4) 15's in each one and always trying to figure out how to get them in my first car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif He always use to fix my amps everytime I fried them hooking them up wrong when I was young and dumb "No Joey you cant hook 22 speakers up to one amp" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif Anyways my Dad has always been a great help to me and is the coolest guy I know !!

i wouldn't have a system if it wasn't for my dad. i wouldn't of been able to install it. he did the power wire to battery, the drilling through firewall, power wire through the switch, running wires under the carpet, rca's, he had the idea of the switch, and hell he even bought the amp kit. he pretty much built the box and he bought the wood. idk what i would do with out my dad. of course he is a **** farmer but with out him i would be lost.

when we were installing my system he kept talking bout back in the 70's most cars didn't have back speakers so that is what he would install. pretty big thing back then.

then what i will always remember is when we couldn't get something to work he would always get kinda mad and say "if it AIN'T broke don't fix it" which i always told him i was modifying.

only thing i'd have my dad do is cut metal with a torch...why? cuase im dangerous with them things lol lol well actually he is a very good welder i on the other hand can do it just not as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

liwaj79

10+ year member
liwaj79
fremont ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from