Think I Am Crazy

Well, uhm.. Only crazy if you plan to run that in a daily driver with the whole thing powered up constantly. You'll need at least one additional alternator, maybe two, not to mention batteries for them. It would be very, very loud, though. But consider the cost - even if you got the 12W7's (6) at $500 each, and the amps (18) at $600 each, you're going to be spending nearly $14,000 on that part alone.

I'm not sure how you're going to distribute two subs to three amps, though. I guess they can be bridged (//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif) to let you run it in parallel. Not sure how that works the ohm load, though, because those subs in parallel would be a 1.5ohm load, remember. That'd be a boatload of power for them. They're not spec'd to take that much power (but they would anway). The amps also aren't spec'd to be stable below 2ohms (but they would anyway).

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure it's practical unless you have a whole lot of money to toss around or you have sponsership. Btw, what kind of car are you going to be putting this into?

With three ways in the doors I would put those tweets out of phase then add a set to the A-Pillars (in phase) to keep from getting cancellation and high freq reinforcement...Just my Opinion.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.