Dominick Iragi = SCAMMER

Bought a 300amp from him and would buy from him again. He doesn't have the best CS because its a single person running the entire business himself.
x2 Ive purchased 2 alts from him 1 for my 04 dodge neon in 2004 a direct bolt 200amp when the car was new, no one had the alts in yet and all the other High Output Alts that people sell, H-O, Excessive, Ohio Generator, not even advanced auto or autozone, it was mostly a dealer part at that time, Dom got one from the dealer and did his magic. After about 6 months the internal regulator went up right before a triple pointer, I called Dom sent it overnight delivery and was back in 2 days on the friday before the event. Was very impressed with him.

Last year I purchased one for my rex, again a direct bolt on 200 amp. So far no problems. He also gave me advice because my rex is the HF model and for those of you who know the HF turns the regulator on and off being controlled by the cars computer. Dom told me instructions on how to bypass so that wouldnt happen to get the steady 14.4volts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Again very satisfied //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

egg

Um if anyone buys an alt from him its your fault. Everyone has said he ***** for years.
Sorry for your problems though Hoss. No matter if your only one guy who cares? You shouldn't sell alternators if you can't handle it.
i hope the first part wasnt really directed at me, because i would like to take credit for being one of the first people to really get scammed from him lol.

my story starts about 4 years ago... i paid him for an alt that IIRC was supposed to be a 300 amp alt for my ford taurus. we talked on the phone, and via email discussing what he would be doing for me. we agreed on the scope of the work, and the price, and i mailed him a money order.

that was the last i heard from him for several weeks. my emails went unanswered, my phone calls were ignored and unreturned, there was no way i could get a hold of him. finally, my alt arrives after a few weeks, and i go to install it (mind you, changing the alt on a quad cam taurus is not an easy task at all lol) only to find the alt is DOA. so i mail it back to him, at my expense...

several weeks later i get the second alt from him. i go to install it, yet again, another DOA alt from dominick iragi.

so now i have changed my alternator4 times because of the horrible product which i have purchased. this time after contacting dominick not to exchange it for another alt, i ask for a refund, he refuses. he offers me something instead, which i reluctantly agreed to because it was already becoming clear that he was a horrible business person and he lacked morals and ethics (not to mention he lacks taking pride in his work). what he offered me was a large case GM alt for free, i had no use for it but figured i could sell it. well, he lied to me. i never recieved the large case alt, and he claims that he never said anything of the sort. he did "fix" my alternator again, but i dont know of that for certain, as i never wasted my time re-installing it only to have it fail again.

so in this story, i had issues contacting him only AFTER he recieved my payment, i had a horrible product that failed repeatedly, a business who refuses to stand behind their products, horrible customer service, lies, and what i can only refer to as being scammed (i paid for something that NEVER worked, i did not buy an alt that was broken, i bought a new one).

i hope the first part wasnt really directed at me, because i would like to take credit for being one of the first people to really get scammed from him lol.
my story starts about 4 years ago... i paid him for an alt that IIRC was supposed to be a 300 amp alt for my ford taurus. we talked on the phone, and via email discussing what he would be doing for me. we agreed on the scope of the work, and the price, and i mailed him a money order.

that was the last i heard from him for several weeks. my emails went unanswered, my phone calls were ignored and unreturned, there was no way i could get a hold of him. finally, my alt arrives after a few weeks, and i go to install it (mind you, changing the alt on a quad cam taurus is not an easy task at all lol) only to find the alt is DOA. so i mail it back to him, at my expense...

several weeks later i get the second alt from him. i go to install it, yet again, another DOA alt from dominick iragi.

so now i have changed my alternator4 times because of the horrible product which i have purchased. this time after contacting dominick not to exchange it for another alt, i ask for a refund, he refuses. he offers me something instead, which i reluctantly agreed to because it was already becoming clear that he was a horrible business person and he lacked morals and ethics (not to mention he lacks taking pride in his work). what he offered me was a large case GM alt for free, i had no use for it but figured i could sell it. well, he lied to me. i never recieved the large case alt, and he claims that he never said anything of the sort. he did "fix" my alternator again, but i dont know of that for certain, as i never wasted my time re-installing it only to have it fail again.

so in this story, i had issues contacting him only AFTER he recieved my payment, i had a horrible product that failed repeatedly, a business who refuses to stand behind their products, horrible customer service, lies, and what i can only refer to as being scammed (i paid for something that NEVER worked, i did not buy an alt that was broken, i bought a new one).
I find that very strange you you had 2 different alternators that were DOA. Sounds like it could have been an installation mistake maybe? Of course I don't know your mechanical ability so it may have been a bad alternator from the start. The one I got from Iraggi was the first alternator I had ever installed in my life and it was on my 06 Tacoma. That thing was a ***** to get to, but once it was on it worked 100%. I did try to contact Dominick on the phone because I had a few questions, but he is literally impossible to contact.

I find that very strange you you had 2 different alternators that were DOA. Sounds like it could have been an installation mistake maybe? Of course I don't know your mechanical ability so it may have been a bad alternator from the start. The one I got from Iraggi was the first alternator I had ever installed in my life and it was on my 06 Tacoma. That thing was a ***** to get to, but once it was on it worked 100%. I did try to contact Dominick on the phone because I had a few questions, but he is literally impossible to contact.
not to rule out a mechanical installation error, but literally the only hook ups on the alternator are the three bolts that secure it to the block, the ground which goes over a terminal and a nut secures it, and a harness that only plugs into it in one specific way. so im pretty confident it was installed correctly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i found it strange as well, but thats just a direct reflection as to the quality of his product and the amount of pride he takes in his work...

I first contacted Mr. Iraggi around the 1st of January 2007, about a custom high output alternator for my 1989 Range Rover. I got a price from him on January 2nd, 2007. I paid $534.57 through paypal on 01/16/07 for the product and lifetime warranty. On Wed 01/24/07 I contacted Mr. Iraggi to ask how long I should expect for the alternator to be completed and arrive. I was told "your alternator should go out by the end of the week. monday at the latest". After about a month and a half I finally get a tracking number on 03/05/07. When the product arrived, it would not fit my vehicle. I again contacted Mr. Iraggi to let him know that it did not fit. On 03/19/07 I was told to send it in and they will replace it. I paid to send the product back on 04/02/07. I got a quick return on 04/17/07. And it worked great for 4 months until 08/19/07, so I sent an email and was told to send it back again. Again I payed to send it back. On 09/26/07 I get the product back but it is the wrong one for my vehicle and I contact him the same day. No response so I send the same email on 10/01/07. Still no response so I send email again on 10/04/07. Finally get a resonse on 10/04/07, telling me that I need a part for it to connect it, and I refuse because I payed for a custom product that should fit without any customization. On 10/8/07 Again I'm told to send it in and again I pay for it. Item shipped on 10/9/07. On 10/19/07, I'm told that I may be receiving the wrong product and it is another customers. 10/23/07, product received is incorrect. 11/2/07, product installed and does not work right and I contact seller. After much unsatisfactory service I ask for a full refund on 11/5/07. I am completely ignored and told to send it back in again on 11/6/07, and told that I will get a shipping label to ship back both my product and the other customers product that I am still in possession of. After some very rude and bad CS I get a shipping label on 11/13/07. 11/19/07 I go to ship products back but UPS says that I can only ship one package so I send my package and contact Mr. Iraggi. Again I'm treated rudely. He tells me that the label was good for a 36lb shipment, but he had not told me before hand. On 11/28/07 after some more bad CS and asking for another label to send this product back, I am finally told that I will receive a shipping label to send the other customers alternator back. I still have not received this label or my product back. I am still in possession of this other customers alternator. I emailed Mr. Iraggi on 12/12/07, 12/14/07, and 12/17/07 and still have not had a response. I feel as if I have been very patient. I have been sent 5 different alternators and it has been almost a year from when this transaction first started.

^^^sorry its so close together. I copy and pasted it from my BBB complaint. Since this complaint I was filed, I have emailed him 4 times with no response. So I tried calling him a few times and left a couple of messages.

Last thursday, January the 4th, I finally got a hold of him. It was a brief conversation where he just asked for my Address, phone number, and what alternator I was supposed to have. He then said that he was going to walk over to the shop to see what was going on with my alternator, and that he would call me back in about 15 minutes. I havent heard from him since. I have called him everyday since then and left about 4 messages. Now when I call, his answering service says try calling again. I emailed him this morning and that is where I stand now.

Dominick came over to my team's crew pit at the 2006 MECA world finals and worked on an Excessive Alternator alty in my team mates' CRX. I thought he was nice comming over and helping out for free on some other companies' shitty equipment.

but boy, I wish I snapped a pic of it, that would of been priceless!

Dominick came over to my team's crew pit at the 2006 MECA world finals and worked on an Excessive Alternator alty in my team mates' CRX. I thought he was nice comming over and helping out for free on some other companies' shitty equipment.
but boy, I wish I snapped a pic of it, that would of been priceless!
he must have been sticking with what he knows best //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

His shop is right down the road from me. Hes a decent guy but he just gets super busy.

x2... i was thinking about just driving there and picking my alt up once i buy one...

but now...

IDK... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

x2... i was thinking about just driving there and picking my alt up once i buy one...
but now...

IDK... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
These are only a FEW bad experiences. I would bet Dominick has sold several, several thousand alternators. So don't let this thread mislead you.

These are only a FEW bad experiences. I would bet Dominick has sold several, several thousand alternators. So don't let this thread mislead you.
on the other hand he has SEVERAL of outstanding complaints, unresolved negative feedbacks, and a history of scamming.

dont let uninformed people like tacosys make you think this is a less severe issue than it is.

But didn't you say that you had a problem within the first few months of using the first alternator?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

hoss

5,000+ posts
imma genius. so **** it!
hoss
inside icetee, while he is inside seths sister
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies