Doing a wall?

Compjake was for computer, I used to do a lot of computer repairs. I'm doing car work now. Mechanical/electrical. but I do plan to take the car up to Portland in October for the last Street Warriors DB drag at PIR.

If i get the stereo done and can afford to get up there I will post videos and a score sheet.

ok I got pics..

Back seat:

My 120 amp alt:

Room for second 120 amp alt if I need more power.

and just for the hell of it I replaced my old DC meter in my dash since it didnt work with a digital one

Because I'm not adding more batteries, if my brother can get 149.9db with stock alt that's smaller than mine (in amps) and a single Wal-mart battery then I don't think I'm going to need more then 1. I dont need all that trunk space for amps, im only going to be running 3, 1 4 channel to mids and highs and 2 mono blocks to subs.

I'm going to be doing SPL comps, but not until I get this done and more comps show in southern oregon.. i don't want to drive 400 miles for a comp every 2 weeks so it will be a once in a while thing.

Because I'm not adding more batteries, if my brother can get 149.9db with stock alt that's smaller than mine (in amps) and a single Wal-mart battery then I don't think I'm going to need more then 1. I dont need all that trunk space for amps, im only going to be running 3, 1 4 channel to mids and highs and 2 mono blocks to subs.
149?

I got 148.7 with 2 12's ported and faced back.. on 1 bat and stock alt....

Honestly tho... your an idiot... you dont listen to anyone. You are just an idiot.

Honestly the only people who can back up my brothers set is the 2000+ people that where at PIR last year when he took second place. tested on a termlab. as for my moms 141 that was tested on a Termlab at a local audio shop... I have no proof other then my word.

i see a lot of DB numbers.... no pics to support any of them. TL or a walmart DB meter?
completely agree.

anyways, how do you plan on doing 150s without xtra bats? 120 amp alt isn't bad for stock, but it'll die soon, and it will keep dying if you draw so much that it is constantly recharging your batteries from less than 10 volts. alternators are meant to keep them charged, not recharge them constantly. your going to need more batteries if you want a daily driver. if not, just charge your single bat with a car charger and call it a day. seriously, listen to people on this forum, they know what they're talking about...sometimes:wow:

150+ is always impressive but with the doors open and a wall playin i thought it would be louder.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

156+ sealed now that would be impressive!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I was thinking of doing a wall in my car when I go to do my final build. what I got in my car now is only temp as I'm trying to find a job (layoffs blow)
My final build will be 2 Soundstream 1500D's and I havnt decided on the subs yet, I was thinking ether

2 18's

2/3 15's depends if i can fit 3 (I need to measure)

3 12's

As for the brand of subs I was thinking Fi Bl's, RE MT's, RE MX's or if I can afford it RE XXX'x Im wanting a SPL setup doing around 150db.

anyway, back on topic. My idea for a wall is to first tint my windows a bit so it will be harder to see at night then remove back seats. Place the wall and port where the back rest is to the back seat using the trunk as the box, and making a amp rack where the seat itself is. How well do you think this will work?

I will post up some pics of the seats this morning when it gets light out and some measurements. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
sounds cool, but i wouldnt do it like that

whats your budget?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.