Doing a wall?

Compjake
10+ year member

Chrysler guy
I was thinking of doing a wall in my car when I go to do my final build. what I got in my car now is only temp as I'm trying to find a job (layoffs blow)

My final build will be 2 Soundstream 1500D's and I havnt decided on the subs yet, I was thinking ether

2 18's

2/3 15's depends if i can fit 3 (I need to measure)

3 12's

As for the brand of subs I was thinking Fi Bl's, RE MT's, RE MX's or if I can afford it RE XXX'x Im wanting a SPL setup doing around 150db.

anyway, back on topic. My idea for a wall is to first tint my windows a bit so it will be harder to see at night then remove back seats. Place the wall and port where the back rest is to the back seat using the trunk as the box, and making a amp rack where the seat itself is. How well do you think this will work?

I will post up some pics of the seats this morning when it gets light out and some measurements. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well if your doing SPL, the MX and the XXX are not what want, if your looking for 150dB.

If what I read is right, you wanna use the trunk as the box, making it an Infinite Baffle application, sort-of..not a wall..

Give us some more info..

I figured I would wall at the back seat and then build the other half of the box in the trunk..

basically I want to build a box but have a back seat frame **** in the middle of it. lol

Becasue its a 2 door car and I want to keep the subs as far away from the doors (less chance of being seen and their has been a lot of cars stolen here with stereos) plus I honestly think my idea would look better. and I dont plan on using more then 1 battery

Why not just wall the back seat? Leave the trunk for you batteries and amps?
Seems like it be alot simpler.
i saw the title, and thought this was your thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

you only got 1 day before the end of the year lol.

I got an alarm but I still dont trust people, its not hard to disable an alarm in a car from the 70's LOL

and SplMonty, stfu. the pic is there and that system was only there for a month before it was stolen. its all long gone.

i saw the title, and thought this was your thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
you only got 1 day before the end of the year lol.
LMAO!!

Touche' my friend, touche'. Didnt think about that when I was PMing you the other day.

LMAO!!

Touche' my friend, touche'. Didnt think about that when I was PMing you the other day.
hope you got express shipping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.