Doing a sealed blow through with port in trunk...

Participant count
  • Participant list

adas
Pro Seller

MurderMat
SRQ-FL
I have a question....

because I'm building a new box for my sub tomarrow, an I want to have it blow through the middle seat hole and seal it from the trunk, but its going to be a ported box with the port on the side.

I'm wondering, sealing the woofers front waves into the cabin, and then having the port fire into the trunk....how would that sound?

Here's an illustration...

shittyboxintrunkyt6.jpg

I know some will say "try it" but trying it would need a different front on the box. And I would run the port in the blowthrough, but theres not enough room:crap:

Better to just face it to the back like usual?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Couldn't find anything like this in searching, thanks:)

Technically you'll lose some of the output from the port since it'll have to fight through the seats.

For a daily driver I don't think it should be an issue though. All out SPL car then you want ever dB you can get.

And what about an external aero firing through the rear deck?

Why not try building a 4th order(bandpass with 1 sealed chamber playing into 1 ported chamber)? The sub is sealed inside teh box and that way all of the output comes from the port which you can make to match the size of the rear middle seat hole.

SealedBP.gif

Why not try building a 4th order(bandpass with 1 sealed chamber playing into 1 ported chamber)? The sub is sealed inside teh box and that way all of the output comes from the port which you can make to match the size of the rear middle seat hole.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ohsnap.gif.17c4c91be09a7a4a3995fb7145adac39.gif

SealedBP.gif
Always to the rescue Shiznilti, thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif 4th order are pretty peaky though, are they not? That would be awesome but I didn't think of it since I want output from mid 30's to 70hz that bandpass would work too well. If my assumption is wrong, I'm down:fro:
And abot the aero, for the XXX the port needs to be big...I can't fit 2 4" nor 1 6" in the space.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Your first drawing would make your sub act like it was in a large sealed enclosure if it was truly sealed from the trunk.

Bandpass enclosures can be peaky and they can be very flat -- just like ported and sealed boxes. If you want an extended bandwidth and flat response from a bandpass enclosure, you are limiting the efficiency and making it not as loud though.

It would be sealed off.....

So I guess I'll need a bandpass box? Anyone wantto make a desin to be like SQL more 75/25% split spl. max dems: 30w x16h x17d

I'll pay $10 paypal if I get a nice one:naughty:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.