Does walmart sell glass nails?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Why is it a bad idea? I have never predrilled with Birch and sunk 2.5" screws through it, and never split it at all.

MDF splits if you get too close to the edges, but as long as you stick to about 3-4" away from the edges, you wont split that either.

MDF splits if you get too close to the edges, but as long as you stick to about 3-4" away from the edges, you wont split that either.
So very very wrong. Its obviously been a long time since you've worked with mdf. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif mdf always splits if you dont predrill. I dont care if you are dead center on the board, it will split. Its way too dense not too. In fact, mdf will still split of you predrill with too small of a bit, which is not hard to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.