Does this look like a good prefab for 2 type rs¿

you can't really base performance on looks, so it would be tough to giv3 a definite answer to if it can perform as well as you hope it can. Best thing to do is, if you like the way it looks, I, or other designers and builders on the forum can duplicate the style with added and assured performance with either a design or a design/build.

You should get quotes on what would be the best option for you, utilizing our services to make the performance a priority over aesthetics.

Shoot any of us a pm if you are interested.

you can't really base performance on looks, so it would be tough to giv3 a definite answer to if it can perform as well as you hope it can. Best thing to do is, if you like the way it looks, I, or other designers and builders on the forum can duplicate the style with added and assured performance with either a design or a design/build. You should get quotes on what would be the best option for you, utilizing our services to make the performance a priority over aesthetics.

Shoot any of us a pm if you are interested.

^^ this but I have yet to meet a builder on here that is fair on prices.. I have meant one and I used him. His price 218 shipped e1 else was 300- 400 and my guy used birch all others were quotes using mdf... OP if u need a builder that want bust your head and do a top notch job hit me up.... This is not a post against u moble but in general the builders on here think they are creating gold but in most cases just cookie cutter designs with a 200% markup.. But i do wonder how much u would charge for such a box specs in sig??????

IMG_20120126_170752-1.jpg

IMG_20120126_164743-1.jpg

IMG_20120126_170801.jpg

I do agree with Disturbed that the box builders are expensive. However, once you receive the enclosure you're usually very satisfied with the product and glad you spent the extra money. Contact pro-rabbit on here. He has DIY enclosures where he sends you the pre-cut sheets and you assemble it. It's not difficult once it gets that far.... And you could also get a design from Mobile_Enclosurs for instance (like I how I threw that in?) for relatively cheap. Take your blue prints to Lowes and get a piece of mdf cut to specs for about 45 bucks. Buy some glue and staples or screws..... You get where I'm going with this. Good luck OP....

I do agree with Disturbed that the box builders are expensive. However, once you receive the enclosure you're usually very satisfied with the product and glad you spent the extra money. Contact pro-rabbit on here. He has DIY enclosures where he sends you the pre-cut sheets and you assemble it. It's not difficult once it gets that far.... And you could also get a design from Mobile_Enclosurs for instance (like I how I threw that in?) for relatively cheap. Take your blue prints to Lowes and get a piece of mdf cut to specs for about 45 bucks. Buy some glue and staples or screws..... You get where I'm going with this. Good luck OP....
Yes Sir, I do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

^^ this but I have yet to meet a builder on here that is fair on prices.. I have meant one and I used him. His price 218 shipped e1 else was 300- 400 and my guy used birch all others were quotes using mdf... OP if u need a builder that want bust your head and do a top notch job hit me up.... This is not a post against u moble but in general the builders on here think they are creating gold but in most cases just cookie cutter designs with a 200% markup.. But i do wonder how much u would charge for such a box specs in sig??????
Oh no offense taken at all. I know we are not cheap, lol. Thats why I am trying to hire builders around the US. I have someone in MI that can make my shipping cheaper than from CT where I am from if they are further than MI from me. So, I understand the prices, trust me. I have modified mine nearly 6 times and each time it reduces to meet the needs of the economy without going broke lol.

And I completely agree with the "cookie cutter" remark. Though, again you cannot base a designs performance on looks.......there is only so much you can do with the response to make it shine..because of limitations only. And that is why I have what I said in MY sig, lol. Because of what you said, my quote makes a lot of sense.

And as far as charging for said box.....depends on shipping lol. Thats the grabber. My base prices are very very low. But shipping, blah. I hate it. It ruins the price. I even took off the design cost from the total when I quote people because sometimes the prices can get pretty insane.

The thing with my designs though, is they are based on density and volume, rather than size and amount of subs or size of subs. I don't price on what goes in the boxes, just based on weight and volume. SO, the smaller the box, the cheaper, and vice versa. Best way to do it.

For this reason, I have to make a whole new set of price calculations for birch too, lol. I use density based formulas to configure shipping costs as well, so they are very accurate. I put a lot of work into the costs of the builds. Unfortunately, to make a profit (averaging from 35-50 bucks a build), the prices can get up there. My markup does not even meet the economical standard of 30-40% of most chain stores. And Im ok with that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I would definitely get with someone on here and see what you can do about getting a decent priced box. Also look on craigslist for box builders. I've seen on my cities craigslist lots of times, people advertising to build boxes for people. I wouldn't go with pre-fab. Up until my last two systems i've always used prefab boxes. The sound difference is night and day. That is for sure.

Its hard to COMPARE box builders on here against one another simply based on PRICE. Some box builders on here do this gig full time and provide for their family with it, with that being said a guy like that won't be able to compete with a box builder that does this on the side or as a keep me busy since I retired three years ago gig. I am not speaking to or about any specific builders on here but some have OVERHEAD!!!!!!!............Good luck on your new box where ever you decide to get it...

Oh no offense taken at all. I know we are not cheap, lol. Thats why I am trying to hire builders around the US. I have someone in MI that can make my shipping cheaper than from CT where I am from if they are further than MI from me. So, I understand the prices, trust me. I have modified mine nearly 6 times and each time it reduces to meet the needs of the economy without going broke lol.
And I completely agree with the "cookie cutter" remark. Though, again you cannot base a designs performance on looks.......there is only so much you can do with the response to make it shine..because of limitations only. And that is why I have what I said in MY sig, lol. Because of what you said, my quote makes a lot of sense.

And as far as charging for said box.....depends on shipping lol. Thats the grabber. My base prices are very very low. But shipping, blah. I hate it. It ruins the price. I even took off the design cost from the total when I quote people because sometimes the prices can get pretty insane.

The thing with my designs though, is they are based on density and volume, rather than size and amount of subs or size of subs. I don't price on what goes in the boxes, just based on weight and volume. SO, the smaller the box, the cheaper, and vice versa. Best way to do it.

For this reason, I have to make a whole new set of price calculations for birch too, lol. I use density based formulas to configure shipping costs as well, so they are very accurate. I put a lot of work into the costs of the builds. Unfortunately, to make a profit (averaging from 35-50 bucks a build), the prices can get up there. My markup does not even meet the economical standard of 30-40% of most chain stores. And Im ok with that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Its hard to COMPARE box builders on here against one another simply based on PRICE. Some box builders on here do this gig full time and provide for their family with it, with that being said a guy like that won't be able to compete with a box builder that does this on the side or as a keep me busy since I retired three years ago gig. I am not speaking to or about any specific builders on here but some have OVERHEAD!!!!!!!............Good luck on your new box where ever you decide to get it...

Guys my above post was not towards any of you two as both of yall are new to site and I never got a price from either. The box builders I was referring to know who they are and have been here a long time. I also agree a person that builds on the side will provide his service for a much lesser price vs a person who builds for a living. But look at it from a BUYERS standpoint if I can get the same quality build from a side job builder that I can from a builder who does it for a living at a lower cost then well guess who the customer is gonna go with.. It may be harsh it may not be fair but its reality. Nothin against either one of you do as you do and make your money but when I get a quote for 400 for the same box I can have someone else build of same quality if not better for 200 well its any easy choice..

I totally agree....saving money and still getting quality work is an awesome deal....thats what makes it tough on a full time box builder to make it in todays world....they have to rely on a loyal customer base....i try and concentrate on my local market for the majority of my builds because they dont have those huge shipping charges attached and i can still make some money and they get a top quality hand made enclosure and their money stays in their community....

I was just wondering because if you look at this guys items he builds custom boxes, it looks like he made this box especially for the type r's. I just wasnt sure about the aeroports. They look skinny, but in the description, the box says it is tuned to 34hz.

I was just wondering because if you look at this guys items he builds custom boxes, it looks like he made this box especially for the type r's. I just wasnt sure about the aeroports. They look skinny, but in the description, the box says it is tuned to 34hz.
the box looks decently built, but those are 2" ports. Thats not enough port for 2 type R 10s.

Guys my above post was not towards any of you two as both of yall are new to site and I never got a price from either. The box builders I was referring to know who they are and have been here a long time. I also agree a person that builds on the side will provide his service for a much lesser price vs a person who builds for a living. But look at it from a BUYERS standpoint if I can get the same quality build from a side job builder that I can from a builder who does it for a living at a lower cost then well guess who the customer is gonna go with.. It may be harsh it may not be fair but its reality. Nothin against either one of you do as you do and make your money but when I get a quote for 400 for the same box I can have someone else build of same quality if not better for 200 well its any easy choice..
I would assume you are referring to me. If so, then all I can say. Is I am sorry that you feel that way. However, I am happy you found a builder with in your budget. On a side note, there was never that large of a difference in the prices I quoted and the prices you payed.

I totally agree....saving money and still getting quality work is an awesome deal....thats what makes it tough on a full time box builder to make it in todays world....they have to rely on a loyal customer base....i try and concentrate on my local market for the majority of my builds because they dont have those huge shipping charges attached and i can still make some money and they get a top quality hand made enclosure and their money stays in their community....
This is exactly right. Online sales is always a tricky situation to be in. Shipping is a pita no matter how you look at it. The other issues are various types of clients.

Take us and our pricing structure. Do to the volume of questions/requests we get I am adjusting our entire price layout to meet a few different needs online(different stages to enclosures). However, my local prices are almost staying the same.

I would assume you are referring to me. If so, then all I can say. Is I am sorry that you feel that way. However, I am happy you found a builder with in your budget. On a side note, there was never that large of a difference in the prices I quoted and the prices you payed.
Hmmmm did i mention names?? If you assume its you then maybe you feel what I said to be true. I left names out for a reason the ones I got quotes from know who they are. End it at that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.