Does this look like a decent set-up on a budget?

Participant count
  • Participant list

porksoda
10+ year member

Dakota GOD!!!
nm
Well my sister asked me today about getting a bass in her 2000 Honda Accord 2-door.

I already replaced her factory head unit with a JVC one. I cant remember the model at the moment.

She said she does not want to bump really hard. She just wants to get a little bit better sound then the factory bass.

I figured this setup would be fine because she has a little girl so she has like a stroller in the truck and other stuff for her.

I figured this single 12 should be fine.

This was exactly in her budget too.

Like I said she just wants a little bit more bass then the factory bass is.

I forgot to mention the previous owner replaced the speakers in the doors and in the back deck with insignia speakers from Best Buy.

And before everyone starts to say all this stuff is junk. I know this stuff is not high end stuff but like stated above. This setup is for my sister who is really into just a little bass.

Well hope to hear what you all think/suggest.

Bass Package: Hifonics HFi100.2 + Kenwood KFCW3012 + Kit + Box

Contents:

Hifonics HFi100.2 Amplifier- RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 100 watts x 2 chan.

2 ohms: 200 watts x 2 chan.

Bridged, 4 ohms: 400 watts x 1 chan

Kenwood KFC-W3012 Sub- 4 ohm KFC Series Car Subwoofer

Power Handling:

Peak: 1200 watts

RMS: 400 watts

8 Gauge Amp Kit- Raptor Amplifier Installation Kit

17 ft. of 8 Gauge blue power cable

3 ft. 8 Gauge black ground cable

17 ft. Neon blue series RCA cable

16 ft. of Premium speaker cable

17 ft. of 18 Gauge blue remote turn-on wire

6 ft. Split loom tubing

1 AGU Fuse Holder

50 AMP Fuse

All Necessary Hardware for Installation

12" Sealed Box- Absolute SS-12 Enclosure

Box volume: 1.13 cubic feet

Can't immagine you'd do much better for the price really... at least not new. Only thing I don't like is the A/B amp.... it will likely want to get pretty hot.

***** your not so into car audio or you'd have all that stuff laying around no need to purchase. I think a sinlge 12 is too much for just a little bass. somthing smaller would take up less room, say a 10 or 8 and sound better than factory.

imo its worth buying at least decent stuff because it will last longer than the vehicle in most cases and its at least worth something if you choose to sell it. Even the low end stuff from a good company can be sold easily. The amp is cool but i would spend a little extra on the sub maybe a d-con, 187, image dynamics, Sa10,pg rsd, jlw3 over priced but still a decent sub but the list goes on and on. Or buy an over average sub used.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.