does my boss audio amp put out what its rated?

tnota
10+ year member

i have a boss audio CHAOS EPIC 2000 Watts 2-Channel MOSFET Power Amplifier powering my 15 inch L7. is it powering the l7 at 2000 watts or not? ive never heard a kicker l7 before mine but my cousin says boss ***** and its probably only putting out 600 watts. it hits hard but it doesnt sound like very good quality. to give you an estimate of how loud it is, i can barely hear it in my house with all the doors shut. I plan on getting a fosgate 1000 watt prime. basically what im asking is my boss audio putting out 2000 watts and when i get my fosgate, will it sound better and be louder. thanks

thanks alot, it made my day to hear that it was a crappy amp that made my sub sound like **** and not that my sub is a crappy sub

can you give an estimate or example of how much louder it will be? im already thanking god its gonna sound better than it sounds now.

It will most likely be a night and day difference if it is done properly. and yes the sub is way overpriced for what it is, not very good at all and can't handle rated rms.........in the right box it is an "ok" sub at best. but probably not worth the trouble unless you are a die hard kicker fan

well the thing is i have a tight budget, i would love to get a w7 from jl audio but thats not happenng anytime soon
Start with a amp first. The l7's were known to get loud ported, but no matter what they generally didn't sound all that great.

what is a good sub that can do better quality and loudness than an l7 for the same price? im new to car audio and like alot of loudness

what is a good sub that can do better quality and loudness than an l7 for the same price? im new to car audio and like alot of loudness
well thats how most of us start out...bring on the bass!!!!! lol

but there are a lot of other subs for half of the price that sound a lot better. and they don't need a massive box either.

too many brands to list that are better for less than that L7

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.