Does direction of an inline fuse matter?

Shouldnt matter, but if it has arrows, use em. Never seen a directional fuse, but that doesnt mean it doesnt have a reason for the arrows.

Shouldnt matter, but if it has arrows, use em. Never seen a directional fuse, but that doesnt mean it doesnt have a reason for the arrows.
thats the thing tho.. i dont even know what the arrows are for.. if i had to say i would guess the arrows are supposed to point towards the battery?

thats the thing tho.. i dont even know what the arrows are for.. if i had to say i would guess the arrows are supposed to point towards the battery?
Arrows are for the power flow... It doesn't matter but point them the way the power is going to flow... toward the AMP...

sounds like a marketing thing to me. similar to directional RCA's, but as others have said - I would install it as it indicates, which I'm guessing is pointing toward the amp.

Fuses don't have a polarity so it would not matter. I can only think of one reason it might have a polarity and that is if it has some type of indicator (ie an led) to show if it is blown.

the one ended shielded cables would be the exception, but a few years ago A LOT of the "high end" cables were being marketed as directional even though there was nothing about them that was directional.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.