does bridging the amp lose me the ability to 'play' stereo?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LeX
10+ year member

Nissan by Nature
Atlanta, GA
Ok so i got a diamond D3 3400.4 amp that does 50x4@4 and it does 200x2@4ohms bridged.

If i bridge this amp on my components does it lose the ability to send a stereo signal to the components so i will be listening in mono.

Do i have to buy a 2 channel amp (i need higher power) or can i get a stereo signal from the amp at 4ohms bridged?

However, with a 4-channel amp you would not loose the ability to play a stereo signal. You would just send the left signal to two bridged channels, and the right signal to the other two bridged channels. Waalaah, stereo signal.

However, with a 4-channel amp you would not loose the ability to play a stereo signal. You would just send the left signal to two bridged channels, and the right signal to the other two bridged channels. Waalaah, stereo signal.
yeah I didn't think you could do that, but then I tried it w/ my 4 channel amp and I got stereo output while more than doubling my power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.