DOES BRAND MATTER??? ...and for the price does it really matter??

XORstatus
10+ year member

CAR audio IDIOT :P
I have asked perviously where to find DEALS on 0 gauge wire.

For the most part $2.50 to $3.00 per foot seems to be the consensus.

I have found however CHEAPER 0 GAUGE wire in spools of 25 and 50 feet.

I would like to know If anyone has had first hand experience with these brands, AND if they are ACTUALLY 0 gauge as they claim to be. AGAIN i know that these will NOT be the MOST excellent wires on EARTH, but for the price are they acceptable? FURTHER for the price I CAN RUN 2!

1) BULLZ is a name brand I am not familiar with BUT I can get an entire spool of 50 Feet of 0 gauge for $45 including shipping. IS THIS DECENT WIRE, how are the striations, how is the width?

BULLZ AUDIO BPP0.50BL 1/0 Gauge 50FT Power Ground Cable | eBay

2) IMC is another brand with which I am unfamiliar, 50 foot spool which it claims almost 3200 striations, and appears to be fully copper. Further it claims the strands are .12mm. It is selling for $53.50 including shipping. THIS STUFF ANY GOOD?

0 GAUGE BLACK POWER WIRE CABLE ROLL 50 FT PC0-50BLk | eBay

3) Install Bay, again no experience with this brand, BUT it claims to be CCA whatever that means and it says that it is also .12 mm striated. 50 foot spool, shipped for $56.00. This one clims 15mm diameter, but that could be the jacket, What are your thoughts?

Install bay 0/1 Gauge 50' wire, Ground cable Black | eBay

4) Raptor, 25 feet shipped for $48.50.

Brand New Raptor 1/0 Gauge 25 Ft wire power Cable Red | eBay

5) Q power, 25 feet shipped for $50.00.

NEW Q POWER CABLE 25 FEET 1/0 GAUGE CAR AMP POWER WIRE | eBay

6) AUDIOPIPE, 25 feet shipped $52.00.

0 Gauge 25 FT Black Premium Car Power Wire Cable Roll | eBay

7) BULLZ, again but this time 25 feet shipped for $37.50.

BULLZ AUDIO 1/0 GAUGE 25' FT POWER WIRE CABLE RD | eBay

i always use knu colossus at knukonceptz.com

they make a cca copper clad aluminum wire for lower amperage draw that is a good bit cheaper than the regular the cca is rated at 250 amps for 20 feet on the 1/0 where as the full copper is like 300amp but can flow a good 320

Stay away from the install bay stuff. I saw their 1/0 before and it looked like 4 gauge, the jacketing was so thick. Raptor isn't too bad, it's budget but it will get it job done. Unfamiliar with the others. I know some (A lot) of people will disagree with me here but, if you are gonna do something with multiple runs and lots of batteries, wire is probably the one area you can kinda cut cost on. Just do more runs if its ****** wire. But if you are just gonna do one or two runs of it, don't skimp on your wire. I would stick to better brands like Knukoncetpz, Shock, Kicker, Stinger HPM, etc.

I dont recommend stinger pro, it has a large jacket. I have never handled the HPM

I've actually used the Stinger HPM for years now, it's their flexible line and I have been more than happy with it. It's CCA and you can tie it in knots very easily. Slightly less wire than the IXOS OFC 1/0. And it's not too horrible on price point. I refuse to use the pro because when I am running wire I really prefer good flexibility.

CCA will be cheaper but will not hold near as much current as OFC. Go with Knuconcepts OFC and dont look back
What does CCA mean?

What does OFC mean?

ALSO I will be using this wire to connect my alt to my battery.

I need at least 23 feet because my battery is in my trunk (I drive a volvo)

AND I DIDNT WANT TO SPEND 150 bucks on one piece of wire.

SO THOSE OPTIONS THAT I LISTED ABOVE ARE a NO go? TOO CRAPPY?

How much power are you planning on running? A few other details would be nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have ran cca and ofc, same car same system. Only thing I switched was the wire. My score didn't change one bit. If your building a 100% comp car get ofc, if not then just use the cheaper stuff, as long as your not trying to get away with to little wire you will be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.