does big 3 require a high output alternator?

interesting. i was just getting ready to use the $50 off at advanced auto for a yellow top, as it expires on the 30th..
Suggestions for a GOOD AGM dual purpose battery?
Any "rebadged" one. Deka, Duracell, Exide, ect.

I run Exide, because I got a fantastic deal on them. Solid, imo.

Had an XS D3100, that was also great, but XS is expensive. XS batts tend to pull ahead of other AGM's when the car is off. That's why many competitors use them.

I never run my system with the car off, so that wasn't a big deal to me.

A good battery should measure 12.6v.
That is a long way from conclusive.

A healthy battery should be around 12.6, yes, but a DEAD battery can measure at the same voltage.

A true battery test places a load on the battery and measures its response. A strong battery will produce tons of current and maintain good voltage. A dead battery will drop to ~11 or worse.

I Get 11.6V so must be weak , what battery do you recommend? I want top and side post cause my cables are side and it's hard to get 4 gage on that
Again - a battery at low voltage (like 11.6v) COULD be a reasonably healthy battery that just needs a good charge -- which is likely if it's still producing enough current to start your car.

If you're measuring 11.6v with the engine running that's almost certainly an alternator issue.

Even if a car has a completely DEAD battery, but a healthy alternator -- the voltage at the battery will still measure ~14v because the alternator is powering the electrical system, all the battery should be doing when the engine's running is getting charged.

Thank you but I will pass, I want to try to buy local with warranty in case if I run into issues.

Also, I think they did aload test because it was a digital machine that conducted a scan and provided results.

So I put in an optima yellow and no more dimming and over 14 volts when I'm beating hard on the amps. I'm still going to do the big 3 and I plan on using 4 Gage since I have some laying around. Hope that helps even better .

Optima.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Your loss
I got 50$ off and research shows it is a pretty good battery. It has a decent warranty too. Cant be too bad and my issue seems solved but still doing the big 3.

I got 50$ off and research shows it is a pretty good battery. It has a decent warranty too. Cant be too bad and my issue seems solved but still doing the big 3.
They're fine, just a lot of other brands drawing the forum boner currently.

Ha! Yeah that seems to be the way things go in forum communities , products get popular and everything else turns to crap.

Ha! Yeah that seems to be the way things go in forum communities , products get popular and everything else turns to crap.
Forums are up to date on what works now and what the good builds are using. Yes there is a lot of nuthugging and some never even used what they are pushing.

You have to watch where you are getting the reviews from. Does the reviewer know what he is talking about, does the reviewer have your application. You cant go to a site with people that are just as clueless as you and trust the opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.