Does anyone know a guy that will build a box for me in Colorado?

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
I don't think there has been anybody on this board building and shipping boxes for several years now. There's just too many "good enough" prefab options out there and cost of freight to ship anything worthwhile would be monstrous.

If you have some plans drawn up you could probably find a regular carpenter or cabinet shop local who could build something for you. Many years ago when I was too busy to do one myself I just gave plans to a dude who was a carpenter who did finish, siding, etc. and he did a fantastic job.

Ideally on something that big you will want to have it well braced inside. People who haven't done speaker cabinets may underestimate how much wood will flex on big panels so just be sure to stress the importance of adding support.

dragon.breath

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Nov 22, 2007
Al
Several years ago I had a box built by a cabinet shop ( like kitchen cabinets not speaker cabinets ). I drew out exactly what I wanted and they did a excellent job. This was during the winter when they were slow, so they were glad to get the work.

AnthonyO

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Oct 18, 2005
Minot, North Dakota, United States

AnthonyO

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Oct 18, 2005
Minot, North Dakota, United States
I want only local box builders. I dont want to pay shipping. Is starmountainsound in Colorado?
No Tennessee. His pricing shipped will be less than what you will pay local.

Cclodbuster2017

May 26, 2018
Colorado
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want only local box builders. I dont want to pay shipping. Is starmountainsound in Colorado? The box will be around 150 pounds probably

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
Orlando Area, FL
This box is 7 cubic feet net and is being shipped. It costs a ton to ship these boxes over a certain size:

I think this box is being shipped as well, it's 10 cubes:

IMG-5382.JPEG

Like I say, it's expensive to ship these. We do it all the time.

My builder was in Colorado and just moved. Just barely missed him.

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I have designed my box are there any builders out there that would ship to Colorado 80501?
Hate to say it but Facebook will be your best bet with finding someone local to build it.

Try and find a Colorado bass group.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds