Does anyone know a guy that will build a box for me in Colorado?

I don't think there has been anybody on this board building and shipping boxes for several years now. There's just too many "good enough" prefab options out there and cost of freight to ship anything worthwhile would be monstrous.

If you have some plans drawn up you could probably find a regular carpenter or cabinet shop local who could build something for you. Many years ago when I was too busy to do one myself I just gave plans to a dude who was a carpenter who did finish, siding, etc. and he did a fantastic job.

Ideally on something that big you will want to have it well braced inside. People who haven't done speaker cabinets may underestimate how much wood will flex on big panels so just be sure to stress the importance of adding support.

Several years ago I had a box built by a cabinet shop ( like kitchen cabinets not speaker cabinets ). I drew out exactly what I wanted and they did a excellent job. This was during the winter when they were slow, so they were glad to get the work.

This box is 7 cubic feet net and is being shipped. It costs a ton to ship these boxes over a certain size:

I think this box is being shipped as well, it's 10 cubes:

IMG-5382.JPEG

Like I say, it's expensive to ship these. We do it all the time.

My builder was in Colorado and just moved. Just barely missed him.

I have designed my box are there any builders out there that would ship to Colorado 80501?

Hate to say it but Facebook will be your best bet with finding someone local to build it.

Try and find a Colorado bass group.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...