2 door convertible rear seat delete ideas?

Participant count
  • Participant list

JW266

Killer
Loomis
Got a sc430 that has a useless back seat. My 10 year old son won't even fit back there. So I'm not gonna bother putting the rear seat back in and figure it would be better used as an enclosure. Anybody got pics that's done this? From what I'm finding people either trying to save weight and just cover everything in sheet metal. Or they did crazy car show level boxes. I just want simple. It's my dd and doesn't need a disco ball ejaculating from between the subs. I'm mostly in need of how to start the thing and how to attach it to the rear wall. Would prefer to just use mdf and carpet or faux leather.

Also reading that it would be best to have the subs down firing for top down situations?

What about this
The box is made to mimic the back seats
I'm pretty sure they use his existing seats to make it
Says it has 2 10's in it down firing but you could fit 2 8's forward firing in there perfectly
I'm really not a fan of down firing subs

BAr-Wu0o-CAAE4y9-Z.jpg

I have seen that
What about this
The box is made to mimic the back seats
I'm pretty sure they use his existing seats to make it
Says it has 2 10's in it down firing but you could fit 2 8's forward firing in there perfectly
I'm really not a fan of down firing subs

BAr-Wu0o-CAAE4y9-Z.jpg
I have seen that 1. Instantly pictured a couple midgets buckled in back there hahahah. I've never done down firing before but with the 12 I have in there now it has to be front loaded in order to drop the top. I've got it on the rear passenger seat firing 3 inches into the wall behind the door. Up or forward is basically the same as unplugging the sub altogether. With the top dropped. I want to see what's under that seat bottom. Like how the structure and chambers are built. Also how it's attached to the car? Or is it just sitting in there using it's own weight to keep it from moving or vibrating?

If you look at the bottom you can see the ports for each sub
The boarded off and carpeted the bottom of the seats and if it were me they would be on hinges with the amps mounted somewhere in there either to the bottom of the seats or on top of the box
The box is built around the contour of the seat area and screwed/ bolted in
IMO
You put 2 SSA F8L's
https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/f8l-8-650w-rms-subwoofer-by-ssa/
Running off a CAB 22 back there and nothing is going to drown it out
https://caraudiobargain.com/audio-apex-cab-22-car-amplifier-monoblock-2200-watts-rms/
The finishing work all depends on how much money you want to spend

I have seen that

I have seen that 1. Instantly pictured a couple midgets buckled in back there hahahah. I've never done down firing before but with the 12 I have in there now it has to be front loaded in order to drop the top. I've got it on the rear passenger seat firing 3 inches into the wall behind the door. Up or forward is basically the same as unplugging the sub altogether. With the top dropped. I want to see what's under that seat bottom. Like how the structure and chambers are built. Also how it's attached to the car? Or is it just sitting in there using it's own weight to keep it from moving or vibrating?

2 - 12's down firing in about 5 cubes. Put the port right between the two front seats. Amp in the trunk. 2 - SA 12's on an SIA3500 or SALT2.

Last edited:
Amps are already in the trunk under the floor. Iv'e already got a couple NOS Planet Audio 12s that I'll use until they fall apart.

I could see the ports near the floor and I can picture most of it in my head on how to build it. But under the seat is not just flat sheet metal. It's like 2 sinks side by side. The rear wall is damn near perfectly flat so that's easy. Guess I'll just drop a piece of mdf down across the seat sinks and mount the subs so that they fire into the bowls.

Don't think I wanna **** with a ported enclosure. I've only built and ran sealed. So I know how to get what I want out of it. I'm not all that concerned with the "low lows" I listen to plenty of rap and hip hop but I'm a metalhead for life and the drums will make or break my HU. Cuz like swampy loose kick drums will make me throw my HU out the window at freeway speeds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...