Does any bass remote work on any amps?

i don't know... most of those bass knobs have the same hook up on the amp. id think it would considering all it is is a potentiometer i don't know i might be wrong

is there like a universal bass remote?
no. each one has a different wire, and plug end, so you need the correct one.

They are useless anyway.....just set the gains correct and you should never need it.

i don't know... most of those bass knobs have the same hook up on the amp. id think it would considering all it is is a potentiometer i don't know i might be wrong
Thats what i thought, Looks like the same jack connector on each end to me.

you are.

link to mentioned bass knob is in my sig.

the bass remote is basically a gain remote, not a bass boost. whatever you set your gains at on the amp, that is the max on the bass remote. Makes it easier to tune, or when you drive in a bad neighbor hood you can turn the bass down.

A remote gain also allows you to set the amp to really allow the subs to wail but give you the ability to turn them down when the music doesn't call for excessive bass.
well said! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

you don't know jack $hit
Why would you say that?

You cannot take just any 'ole remote gain/bass knob from any brand of amp and connect it to whatever and expect it to operate correctly...

Shoot - in the manual for my D61500.1 it states very clearly that remote gain function can only be used with the supplied hardware and is not retroactively usable with older Diamond amps and likewise for their remote knobs not being compatible with D6-series amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.