Does Amp Kit Brand really matter?

hmm what kind of RCA's would u guys recommend?
just look for a set that looks like theyre built well. Meaning gold connectors, and heavy-duty tips. But honestly, I'm running some shitty RCA's right now and they work just fine. dont spend more than $10 on RCA's.

I didn't fall for any marketing schemes. I know what product I buy.

Out of curiosity, what convinced you that a $500 set of RCAs would provide you with better sound than a $10 pair? Its your money, of course you can do what you want with it, Im just trying to find out if you think it was a smart buy. Just describe what makes them better.

Out of curiosity, what convinced you that a $500 set of RCAs would provide you with better sound than a $10 pair? Its your money, of course you can do what you want with it, Im just trying to find out if you think it was a smart buy. Just describe what makes them better.
its RCAs that do matter man; its power, ground, remote, and speaker wire that dont.

theirs a noticeable difference between the ebay wiring and branded named (stinger/rockford/etc) ones.

i myself bought the ebay amp kit and i compared it with stinger HPM wire and heres 2 photos of comparsion. obviously, you would know which one is the quality (stinger) wire and the eBay one. both are 4 gauge

wOTIxMDM5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wOTIxMDQwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

i dont believe their is a dramatic difference though, but enough to know depending how much your pushing it. the ebay 4 gauge seriously looks like its 6 gauge. the ebay wires are just plain copper. whereas the quality wires are oxygen free and have much more quality strands. so if wire is just wire, i would reconsider.

i can bet a good 4 gauge quality wire (stinger/lightning audio/knuckconkeptz/etc) can perform just as good as generic 1/0 gauge wires.

I think if RCAs have the ferrite core and all that nice stuff like these, then yes they can improve sonic quality, but the basic purpose behind more expensive RCA's is just better build construction.

theirs a noticeable difference between the ebay wiring and branded named (stinger/rockford/etc) ones.
i myself bought the ebay amp kit and i compared it with stinger HPM wire and heres 2 photos of comparsion. obviously, you would know which one is the quality (stinger) wire and the eBay one. both are 4 gauge

wOTIxMDM5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wOTIxMDQwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

i dont believe their is a dramatic difference though, but enough to know depending how much your pushing it. the ebay 4 gauge seriously looks like its 6 gauge. the ebay wires are just plain copper. whereas the quality wires are oxygen free and have much more quality strands. so if wire is just wire, i would reconsider.

i can bet a good 4 gauge quality wire (stinger/lightning audio/knuckconkeptz/etc) can perform just as good as generic 1/0 gauge wires.
i believe my welding supply 1/0 is slightly larger than my name brand 1/0, forget what kind it is though

the thing is, the wire on the left isn't truly 4 awg. a wires insulation has nothing to do with its gauge. they trick you by putting a fatter insulation.

^true. but if you guys ever tend to come upon those 4 gauge amp kits on eBay (seller: judydeals), expect the strands and wire to be like the red above.

flakko, the red wire i posted IS one of those cheap amp wire kits i bought off ebay awhile back.

the stinger 4 guage is almost i dentical to the welding supply one except that welding suppy sells it cheaper.

Also, I think i spent $120 for all my wiring.

Thats a two amp 4 guage setup. I bought every component seperate. And thats also speaker wire, hell everything you need. Whoever spent 500 bucks on rcas let my know where we can meet so i can ***** slap you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.