Does Amp Kit Brand really matter?

94CamryBumpin
10+ year member

Reppin' the Gen III Camry
Kansas
Im lookin on ebay for some 0 ga. wiring amp kits and there is a stinger brand one for 80 plus shipping while i found this Q Power amp kit with all the same components (or basically the same) for 50 plus shipping...is there a real difference?

I tend to disagree...Wiring isn't just wiring.

Monster Cable isn't anything compared to that. Obviously it is rated a better product for a reason. It conducts electricity better etc. I didn't spend $500 on my wiring just to say it's comparable to $50 ebay wiring.

So yes WIRING IS THE BIGGEST THING IN YOUR CAR! Thats my opinion though and you won't see any other kind of wiring go into my car but Monster, etc. The wiring is one of the most important things you need to worry about. So If I was you I would go with the stinger wiring.

WIRING IS A VERY BIG DEAL

Monster Cable isn't anything compared to that. Obviously it is rated a better product for a reason. It conducts electricity better etc. I didn't spend $500 on my wiring just to say it's comparable to $50 ebay wiring.

So yes WIRING IS THE BIGGEST THING IN YOUR CAR! Thats my opinion though and you won't see any other kind of wiring go into my car but Monster, etc. The wiring is one of the most important things you need to worry about. So If I was you I would go with the stinger wiring.

500 dollars for wiring... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

believe me i've used crap wiring before and it works just fine. Sure more expensive wiring might be a tiny bit better, but i wouldnt go as far as saying it is the most important thing.

For $500 you could have bought a high output alternator, 0 guage wiring for everything (even speaker wire), done the big 3, and bought a yellow top battery... now THAT would be worth the money, you could run anything off of that.

Id like to see how a monster cable 1/0 gauge power wire can carry more current than stinger or even welding supply.com's 1/0 gauge wire. Underneat that jacket, its all just a asston of copper.

you spent $500 on wiring in your car because you are naive. the only wiring you should be spending any extra money on are the RCAs. Theres no way you could tell me that 0/1 awg wire from monster cable is better performance-wise than that of weldingsupply.com or some other bargain company. Monster gets is business by using marketing schemes pointed at gullible, and you fell for it.

although i do have to admit the packaging mosnter cable does make me feel kinda "XTREME" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif.

Your crazy man. Monster is just a marketing scheme. Their power wire and speaker wire is no different from anything else out there. The RCA's that they make are overpriced and have little gimmicks that no one really knows what they do but the names sound cool. There are a million other RCA's out there that are FAR superior to Monster stuff at a 1/4 of the price.

Its kind of funny how most of the people who insist one type of wiring is better than another are the people who bought the expensive wire. You dont ever hear people who use welding cable say stuff like "I replaced my wire with (insert brand here) and it made a difference!"

http://www.weldingsupply.com for your power/ground wire (or a local welding shop)

http://www.darvex.com for other stuff, or pm one of the guys here who sells wiring accessories.

you spent $500 on wiring in your car because you are retard. the only wiring you should be spending any extra money on are the RCAs. Theres no way you could tell me that 0/1 awg wire from monster cable is better performance-wise than that of weldingsupply.com or some other bargain company. Monster gets is business by using marketing schemes pointed at retards, and you fell for it.
although i do have to admit the packaging mosnter cable does make me feel kinda "XTREME" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif.
Shut-up...I don't like you and I think your a Jag. I'm not a retard and I didn't fall for any marketing schemes. I know what product I buy. So just shut-up...I still don't have any respect for you ever since you stupid thread you had about your gay party

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.