Dodge Dakota Build Log

Tweeters

Seem like some beefy little guys.. took

Get pretty loud, cant wait to have both running at the same time and see how they hold up in a car environment.

Wonder if there is anyway i can shield the dome without blocking sound imaging.

I need some help deciding my electrical.. I made 200$ tonight and i realize there is still so much more i need to get.

I found out the truck has a 137amp stock alt which is higher then i see in most cars.

So i most likely wont be upgrading the alt untill later when needed unless i hear otherwise..

I was thinking about getting 1 or 2 deka intimidators in the back close to the amps? What do you guys think?

There is already a quite large heavy duty battery upfront but its leaking a little acid and might have to be replaced =/

I could also get a yellow top from costco since they have an awesome return policy on most stuff but i would only afford one battery in that case.

What to do? Any input?

I have a 97 dakota with the 130amp alt also. I did a yellow top up front and a NSB 100ft in the rear. As well as the Big 3. I was running 3kw and still had voltage drops at full tilt so I would look into the alt sooner than later. Very fun trucks man, I love mine.

trying to get quotes for HO alternators...

Im not going to pay any ridiculous price though that for sure.

I still needa get an intake and some new parts to increase gas mileage as much as i can.

I have a 97 dakota with the 130amp alt also. I did a yellow top up front and a NSB 100ft in the rear. As well as the Big 3. I was running 3kw and still had voltage drops at full tilt so I would look into the alt sooner than later. Very fun trucks man, I love mine.

what were you running, what ohm loads?

I'm gonna run the orion at 1ohm for now so it shouldn't be all to inefficient.

I was running a Treo 1500.1 at .7, Fairly efficient amp. The drops werent too bad unless i would really pound on it at full tilt for a whole song.

You should be fine for the time being running the Orion. Just do the big 3 and upgrade the under hod battery.

definitely gonna do big 3. I have plenty of cable laying around and i just ordered 25x 0awg crimp terminals =)

I was about to order tech flex but it starting added up faster then i liked so i decided not to get it yet.

i got clear corners if ya want em, just pay for shipping. pm me if you need help or questions about daks.
I see u have an 01 R/T...I had a Solar Yellow 99 R/T....Loved that truck...I killed it...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Check out Mean Green, I think they have atleast a 250 amp alt for you dakota, though I am not sure.
highest ive seen was 225 amps but its 405 shipped. I think ive sent meangreen a quote but i dont think they wrote back.

any opinions on this

"we can do 200amps @ $249.99

www.MotorCityReman.com 21129 Gratiot Ave.

Eastpointe, Mi 48021

586-585-1931"

by the way, keys got handed over today supposedly(grad night)

so Im gonna start tinkering by thurs or fri. I have no idea where to start =/

but as for tonight, im getting so ****ed up i wont remember ****!

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT get an MCR alternator. Do a search on the forums... they **** balls... that's why they're cheap. Also, look what word they have IN their name... REMAN. (Remanufactured).

Only alternator's I would touch are Mean-Green (mine in my dak has been running beautifully for 4years), H-O Alternators, Stinger, or Powermaster.

nG

" I can custom build you a 200 amp that will bolt on with no modifications. It would be $365 with shipping included in the U.S. " excessiveamperage

Hows that price sound? Not sure if i really want to spend that much on an extra 70amps over my stock alt.

I might just go the route of ordering two dekas first and see how things hold up. if my stock 130 amp alt cant handle the 2x dekas and stock battery then i will have to upgrade it. Just dont want to get stuck with a blown alternator for a few days if anything happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.