Dodge Dakota Build Log

get an alt from a 01-03 Durango 5.9, it should have the fire truck package, 160 amp alt. I searched http://www.car-part.com and got mine for $50 shipped

edit- nvm you have a 3.7, i thought it was 3.9, wont fit

edit again- just looked, 04 Durangos with 3.7 there was an option for a 160amp alt also, maybe you can find a used one cheap to bump your electrical up a lil on the the cheap

Sub and port firing up. Port on driver's side.
nG
Thanks i will keep that in mind on the next box build

get an alt from a 01-03 Durango 5.9, it should have the fire truck package, 160 amp alt. I searched www.car-part.com and got mine for $50 shipped
edit- nvm you have a 3.7, i thought it was 3.9, wont fit

edit again- just looked, 04 Durangos with 3.7 there was an option for a 160amp alt also, maybe you can find a used one cheap to bump your electrical up a lil on the the cheap
Very helpful information being that i will need a HO alt. Is there any way to fit 2 of them on there?

just looked, what is that website, just searches ads from car yards?

Are these pulled parts or new?

Get started already...I wanna see some pictures of sometihng happening....I got an 03'QC and wanted to see someone on CA do something in a Dakota....keep us updated!

Get started already...I wanna see some pictures of sometihng happening....I got an 03'QC and wanted to see someone on CA do something in a Dakota....keep us updated!

trust me i cant wait to start but its my dads daily car so i cant just tear it apart and start working on it. Supposed to be my graduation/get off probation present.

Do plan on doing a good amount of custom fabrication to it.

One problem im facing is it had manual door locks and windows, not sure if i should add an alarm and along with it some window and lock actuators. I know it wont be easy cuz i tried it on an older car and only half ass worked

Thanks i will keep that in mind on the next box build

Very helpful information being that i will need a HO alt. Is there any way to fit 2 of them on there?

just looked, what is that website, just searches ads from car yards?

Are these pulled parts or new?
its a junkyard locater system

probation? care to ellaborate?
meh, some stupid **** me and my friends got into, we were gonna try to jack a firework stand a year ago and **** went down the wrong way. It was my first offense so i only got 6 months probation which seems like forever. None the less, lesson learned. Well for most of us. There is alot more behind the story but thats not going up on CA.com

Really, don't take this the wrong way, but a "get off probation present"?? Wow...congratu-fuggin-lations....
i worded it wrong its not really a present. Its more of a your not getting a car until you get off probation which is within a week of graduation.

Besides, if you've seen what i have been driving for the past year, im pretty sure ive earned a new car

My ID OEMs came in a few days ago

beefy little speakers

Cut out 4 baffle rings for them and they are inset 3/4"

Needs more sanding but they came out alright...

I did a 1/4" roundover on the front for asthetics but also a 1/4" roundover on the back to help the speaker breather better because the 3/4" was cutting off alot of airflow.

i worded it wrong its not really a present. Its more of a your not getting a car until you get off probation which is within a week of graduation.
Besides, if you've seen what i have been driving for the past year, im pretty sure ive earned a new car
ehh, got any pics? I have had to drive a POS for about 3 years now. No rear windows, no power locks, major dents, missing glove box door, no ac or heat, horrible idle vibrations..... its not pretty.

2060595_20_full.jpg

ehh, got any pics? I have had to drive a POS for about 3 years now. No rear windows, no power locks, major dents, missing glove box door, no ac or heat, horrible idle vibrations..... its not pretty.
2060595_20_full.jpg
ill post a pics when i get home... I got off probation 4 days early and graduation is coming up on the 21st...

Still waiting to have the car handed over to me as the old man needs to buy himself a new truck first...Im trying to push him as much as i can to do it soon but its been a busy week, finals and all.

I will definately get a **** load of pics when i start working on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.