Do you think the dealer pulled a fast one?

Ethosb
10+ year member

Purchased a new sub and other equipment from a local audio shop last week. Had purchased other equipment a few weeks before that from them (Hertz, Alpine, etc). When I got home and got to thinking about my sub setup, I figured I might as well add another sub. The problem is when I went online to see where to get another one all I could find was that it had been discontinued and is no longer available. Then I got pissed when I realized I paid full retail for a discontinued piece of equipment and could had gotten the latest and greatest so to speak. Is there a way to check a manufacture date in the sub? It looks like it may have been manufactured between 2006-2009 from some post research I have done.

Sub- Infinity Kappa 102.7w 10"-$180.00

Thanks,

Ethosb

It looks to be a good sub, but not absolutely sure. A lot of improvements are made in 6 years time. It will make it hard to find one so that I can have 2 with the same specs. That kind of stuff just irritates me. I like to buy locally to support small business owners. Makes me want to start dealing with Crutchfield and Sonic.

that's a **** shame right there. I would take it back an demand a refund because I could not find a similar one like it online..(they hate that)..They should have gave you the OPTION of buying discontinued items...not take advantage of you.

that's a **** shame right there. I would take it back an demand a refund because I could not find a similar one like it online..(they hate that)..They should have gave you the OPTION of buying discontinued items...not take advantage of you.
Id feel the same way also..Take it back before you are not able too.Tell them you want a refund

unfortunately most shops will only give you in house credit ,but dont wait a day or two take it back now or asap
depending on the state he is in, he can get a full cash/credit refund within 30days... and not store credit... I know for a fact here you have 30days for full return even if the reciept shows store credit only and all that other crap..

Call it lesson learned and scratch them off my list. Went in to buy a Hertz sub, but they didn't have one that would work in my sub box parameters. Their receipts clearly say no refunds, credit only. No need to give them more $.

It's kind of crappy that you bought an old model sub without a markdown, but it's hard for some businesses to mark down products that are, in their mind, perfectly good and new in the box. It's important to keep fresh products coming in, but the value of doing so at the cost of "giving away" profits is a tough pill to swallow. In the online world this is required to stay competitive and it's the norm.

Call it lesson learned and scratch them off my list. Went in to buy a Hertz sub, but they didn't have one that would work in my sub box parameters. Their receipts clearly say no refunds, credit only. No need to give them more $.
Wow man i really think if you made a big deal you could at leaste get them to take the sub itself back. But that is the breaks, they cant loose there *** on it so ure the scape goat. Its best to do alot of good research before buying, that way you know when there BS'in you. I always goo le products on my phone before i buy them lol

But if you shop around online you can do much better for the money, although lots of fake hertz online. But when you do get one, i bet she sounds goooooooddddd

unfortunately most shops will only give you in house credit ,but dont wait a day or two take it back now or asap
So true.

That's a shame, but companies discontinue almost every sub, speaker (and amplifier) line almost every year to bring in new improved editions

and stay hot. If I were you I would at least try and take it back for a trade in. Research.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.