Do you need an amp kit for the CDA-9815???

oooohhhhh... i dont think u need 8 guage, does it have like a place for it? I dunno, never heard of an 8 guage wiring kjit for a HU, maybe someone else can help ya out....

i m wondering this too, cuz i dont know, but it seems weird to send more juice to the hu. but alpine seems to "recommend" this w their higher end hus

I have the cda 9813 same thing about. I wired it to the battery because it wasn't much work seeing as I got an amp. I used 10 guage wire.

I answered this question via PM.

You don't need the 10ga wire if you are using pre-amp outputs ONLY.

You DO need to run the 10ga wire to the battery if you are going to rely on the internal V-Drive amplifier to power your speakers. You will blow fuses, or worse yet melt the factory wiring harness in your car and burn the thing to the ground (worst case scenerio) if you don't.

Enjoy the head unit! It's a beauty. I wouldn't take anything for mine, except for maybe another CDA-9815 to replace it with. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I've got a 9815 coming that should arrive on Thursday. I'm only going to be using the internal amplifier for a little rear fill and I have a short fused wire from another head unit install that I was planning on using to connect it to the factory wiring harness. I figure it won't need too much power since I'll have it faded mostly to the front anyways. Should I bother running a line to the battery (or my distribution block) for this application?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.