Do you guys have problems with alpine ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

schrunk
10+ year member

iowa
The weird thing with alpines is I have the 7873 model with the built in crossover and the crossover does weird things, am i dumb? I want the subs to get below 80 hz and the others to get above 80 hz. Well I set the HP to 80 and the LP to 80 and do everything else the manual says but it dramaticly reduces my bass. Like its not getting any bass at all, ive played with it and it dosent help. Do any of you know whats going on or how to fix it? BTW on my amps they dont have any crossovers activated so its just a straight signal. Thanks so much if you guys can help!!!

What are the specs of your subs? How did you defeat the x-over in the amp? If you set the Alpine x-over at 80hz then the majority of the bass sound will be at or below that cut off. If your subs only play down to 50hz (for example) then your sub bass would be heard in the 50-80hz frequency range. Not all songs have dramatic bass in that range. Try setting your x-over at 100 hz and see if there is an improvement. This is just the first possible problem that came to my mind. If you can lay out the specs of the subs, amp, and box, that may reveal the problem.

Well I have 2 12 alpine R-types

a JL 500/1

These are with rolling bass songs so im sure its good.

I defeted the crossovers on the amp by setting them to off.

Does this help?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.