Do you guys ever get to the point of...

you will always want more....I get used to my setup's after like 2 weeks and want to change them lol
If your car did 159-160 on music you'd honestly want more? lol...Some of you guys are nuts. id be happy to hit maybe a 147-148

To me its not really just the bass, I always want to upgrade everything. We all have dream systems, I would think. If I could have that, I would be content, but I am too broke.

Well if your car hits 158dB+ and you want more then that means you're probably going deaf, not saying that should stop you from getting louder tho.

FYI it is MUCH harder to get correct imaging and soundstage than loud bass in a car. Go play the seven snare drum song from IASCA 1999's CD, not even cars built only for SQ can reproduce that accurately all the time and place all seven snares at the correct position (I spoke to an old-school SQ competitor 7 years ago from Illinois and he specifically mentioned how hard it is to get that song right and basically everyone got points taken away for it). SQ in a car is sort of a lost art these days.

I'm not FULLY about the bass. I like clarity too but i wont go too far trying to get clarity. Like with the setup i have now..mmy door speakers are 11yo and messing with the radio ive gotten to sound pretty good and crispy and have gotten plenty of compliments regarding how nice it sounds...although i have heard SQ setups and well...mine sounds like crap compared to that lol.

I've gotten used to my setup and I only put it in this past friday, but I listen to it multiple times a day since I drive a lot delivering pizzas. Of course that doesn't mean I'm not happy with it, but it would be nice to push this sub to it's capabilities and be louder. That will probably be my final setup for this car, I want get a different vehicle before I try and go louder.

Yes, I have kind of swayed more into SQ. I like to say I am an SQL fan. But the work that goes into proper SQ is ridiculous. I know my front stage imaging will never be great, but once it sounds descent to me, I will be ok. I would love to run a full SQ build in a luxury car, then a ridiculous set up in some kind of SUV.

MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.