Do Sundown subs just smell?

I'm only running 800 watts to the sub. It rises to about 4.5 ohms at 40hz. It's not seeing anywhere close to rated. I also am using a Walmart LOC to give my amp signal. Trust me it's low power.

Well ok I will get an Oscope and set my gains and see what's up. I'll compare my ears to an Oscope.

But like I said, each song is different. One song could be around -5db and then another song could be at -3db. I guess a good method would be to use a 80hz-20hz sweep and turn gain down until there's no clipping at any frequency. Since the signal from my stock HU makes anything from 45hz up a good bit louder than anything under 45hz. Once I get a DSP I am hoping it'll smooth it out and it won't be much of an issue.

I'm only running 800 watts to the sub. It rises to about 4.5 ohms at 40hz. It's not seeing anywhere close to rated. I also am using a Walmart LOC to give my amp signal. Trust me it's low power.
So you are clamping 800w at 4.5ohms at 40hz?

Isn't the sa line 750w?

Or 800w amp and your rise is to 4.5.

Your loc could be clipping and you're just sending a **** signal

So you are clamping 800w at 4.5ohms at 40hz?Isn't the sa line 750w?

Or 800w amp and your rise is to 4.5.

Your loc could be clipping and you're just sending a **** signal
THIS !! Makes total sense I was going to ask about what point you HU clips but then I saw you said it was a walmart Loc ? I would check that out first thing.

THIS !! Makes total sense I was going to ask about what point you HU clips but then I saw you said it was a walmart Loc ? I would check that out first thing.
Well I set my HU by ear too. And I've asked two other people with the same car as me and we have all said that it starts clipping once it hits 25/30. I mean give or take a db or so (0db tone vs -3db tone) it might be higher volume number or lower. But I think 24 is a nice number.

I don't really know how to set my LOC. I just put it at 3/4 and then set my amp gains. I'm gonna see if I can get my DD-1 to work and then see if I can set the LOC again with it. I'm getting a DSP soon anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Ok so I got my DD-1 to work. I just had to unplug the connector and plug it back in. Now it works fine lol.

I plugged the RCA from my LOC into my DD-1. Played a 40hz -5db tone, turned my HU up until clipping. It gave me 25/30. Then I put the RCA back into my amp, and I set the gain on the amp. I kept my sub in just because I didn't feel like taking it out. I kept HU on 25/30 and turned up until clipping, then turned down until not clipping. It actually put me just a smidge under what I had it at before I just set reset them. But that is also with the HU one click above what I previously set my gains with.

Driving home today I paid some more attention and it's just random. Like I'll be playing a song at normal volume, not even trying to be loud, and it smells just randomly. Not a strong smell but just a wiff. Idk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.