15's or 12's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chllngr

AR
Hey everyone I just purchased my nendo 5500 and now I'm trying to figure out if I can properly fit 2 15's sealed off in my trunk or only 2 12's. I'm going to run the ZV5's, I have a 2012 Dodge Challenger.

When i go to measure it doesn't seem like I have enough room but I've seen multiple challengers on YouTube that do it...also thinking total box requirements for optimal output.

15s will require you to use a different type of subs aka zv3 or DC level 5. Any subs that thrive in small enclosures. If not then you'll have to settle for 12s.
Yeah that makes complete sense, thank you for your response. I just found this video that talked me into the 12's...

Did a build with a 5500 and 2 Zv4 12s in a 300c SRT8. Was nasty.
Awesome, that's what I want to hear! I haven't ever done an aeroport but I'm highly considering it now... thoughts?? I'm also putting in my crescendo mezzos next week, cant wait!

What ohm load will the amp be at? Cuz with imp rise that's not a lot of power for zv5's.

Check out Audible Engineering for aeros, 8" and 10" available...

What ohm load will the amp be at? Cuz with imp rise that's not a lot of power for zv5's.
Check out Audible Engineering for aeros, 8" and 10" available...
The amp will only be at 1ohm; I know the woofers are VERY conservatively rated --is your concern that they wont have enough power to see their full potential? How much do they need?! Around 4-5k each?

and Yes, I am 100% now going to Audible Engineering for an aero, never have had one.

No idea on power level for ZV5's, but I run a 5500 at .5ohm on 2 zv3's with no issues.

I'd get it playing and consider strapping a 2nd 5500 for the pair of subs...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Chllngr

Chllngr
AR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
mlstrass