Do Sundown subs just smell?

It's only sometimes though. I mean I guess it's just because of me clipping it but like I said when I set my gains I went into clipping one or two times and it didn't smell.

You still don't get it. Clipping is still clipping. Doesn't matter if you do it once a month or a few times every 6 months.....truth of the matter is IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN if you wanna keep your subs running on clean power. But in due time they will give in, eventually.

Your gf/wife gonna tell you the same thing when she cheats on ya? Well it was only a few times but I stopped already. Fawk that a cheater will always be a cheater.

You still don't get it. Clipping is still clipping. Doesn't matter if you do it once a month or a few times every 6 months.....truth of the matter is IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN if you wanna keep your subs running on clean power. But in due time they will give in, eventually.
Your gf/wife gonna tell you the same thing when she cheats on ya? Well it was only a few times but I stopped already. Fawk that a cheater will always be a cheater.
lol

I'll clip as long as im gaining on TL. Lol

I used to gain driving my DD m3 into a light clip. Many amps will lose on TL when clipping

A soft clip is more than fine

There is a great write up on how clipping doesn't kill subs, heat does.

Clipping does cause heat though so it can contribute

If you are pushing your sub to the limits like double rated I would not recommend even a soft clip but if you are far from thermal limits of the sub a soft clip is totally fine

You said your clip light flashes sometimes, that means only for a short period are you clipping and by a small amount. (Provided your clip light is somewhat accurate)

I have a feeling you are clipping more than you thought you were

Try to reset the gain properly and see if it helps.

Could your amp voltage be dipping low?

I could be wrong, but I have custom built 12s I'm running on 4K. First time with this much power. I smell mine, but I'm putting that up to efficient cooling. Right? I've always heard no matter the coil type or size, 2K+ power is a lot of heat. I think if the cooling is good, you probably will smell it a bit. Most big demo builds have to take breaks between every few demos.

I could be wrong, but I have custom built 12s I'm running on 4K. First time with this much power. I smell mine, but I'm putting that up to efficient cooling. Right? I've always heard no matter the coil type or size, 2K+ power is a lot of heat. I think if the cooling is good, you probably will smell it a bit. Most big demo builds have to take breaks between every few demos.
yeah especially if you give real full tilt demos... not like those guys that set gains passively with a DD -1 and never realize the full potential of their setup and give pansy @ss demos but claim its full tilt when they got a whole 2-3 db worth of output left.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.