Do it yourself wire checking

Participant count
  • Participant list

travdood

One of the speakers in my 2011 Volkswagen Jetta will sometimes sound like it's blown. It also cuts out completely at times and another speak did the same but only once.

At first I thought the speaker was blown, but 50% of the time it sounds perfectly normal and very clear. I'm guessing a wire is loose.

How can I open up the console of my car to check the wires? Are there any guides that show generically what each wire looks like and how to make sure they are all good and secured?

One of the speakers in my 2011 Volkswagen Jetta will sometimes sound like it's blown. It also cuts out completely at times and another speak did the same but only once.
At first I thought the speaker was blown, but 50% of the time it sounds perfectly normal and very clear. I'm guessing a wire is loose.

How can I open up the console of my car to check the wires? Are there any guides that show generically what each wire looks like and how to make sure they are all good and secured?
theres a very good chance that it has a factory amp that is going bad where is the speaker located and is the vehicle premium sound?

theres a very good chance that it has a factory amp that is going bad where is the speaker located and is the vehicle premium sound?
The speaker is on the right side underneath or behind the glove compartment. The system is nothing fancy. Just whatever standard speakers that come with 2011 Jettas.

I'll double check my factory warranty, but from what I understand it doesn't cover anything electrical. How much do you think it would cost me to have it looked at and repaired?

Any chance I might be able to fix it myself? I don't have experience with fixing car stereos, but I'm a do-it-yourselfer kind of guy and hold my own pretty well when I have decent guide to go off of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.