Do Infinity Subs ****?

XplorerChaser
10+ year member

My friend just purchased a Kappa Perfect 10 inch sub in a normal box

It goes up to 1600W and has 400 W RMS

I have an Alpine Type E 12" with a ported box

My sub sounds a million times louder, I mean his barely shakes the mirrors. Do Infinity Subs usually ****?

I have an old school RF Amp that is like 100W or something, yet the guy at the store says it is a good amp

MY friend has like an Xtant amp that is like 300 W

From everything I hear, his should be louder....why is mine?

First infinity subs aren't great. The perfect is 100% geared towards SQ, they are not made to be loud. I still feel they are qualty subs, and in my opinion much better than the type e. Second you have a ported enclosure, which theoritically doubles output.

Infinty Kappa Perfect Subs are AWESOME sq drivers, but a lil overpriced I had one in 1.4 sealed it POUNDED! i mean this thing was awesome. but umm compared to yours its ported so that explains everything, also he might not have the correct variable Q insert. That thing Does work.

Infinity does have some great subs,

The M3D's deffinetly are an SQ sub, and do put out the SPL,

but there is a difference...most are average

M3D's...Yea, a little pricey, but if you like SQ, well worth it.

ive got 2 ips 10.1s ported @ 35 hz. i cant even turn it up enough to give them their recomended power cause im afraid my cars gonna fall apart lol.

i just upgraded to the ported box. before that i had just one sealed and it wasent very loud in my trunk.

the subs are great imo

only the ones made in VietNam,which is most
????

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Infinity subs are a quality product, and can get loud with the right box.

Variable Q insert??? wtf more info please

Yes, i had the High Q in it (small sealed enclosure). It was a fantastic subwoofer, amazing sound quality. I had a JL W3 in there before, and the Perfect VQ absolutely destroyed the W3 in every way (SPL as well as SQ).

Variable Q insert??? wtf more info please
okay:

"Variable Q (patent pending)- Kappa Perfect VQ Series subwoofers provide a patent-pending approach to adjusting Q. Kappa Perfect VQ woofers allow motor strength to be be varied using supplied polepiece inserts. Q adjustments allow the woofer to be optimized for a particular enclosure or application and provide the user with exceptional performance for several applications in a single enclosure."

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA+PERFECT12DVQ'&Ser=KPE&Cat=SUB

there a document on that. too complicated for me to understand, but it works!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.