do i need more juice?

dude if you can't answer that yourself than you need some serious help newbie in car audio or not. do you have any kind of caps or anything or just straight stock electrics??

adam

you hit the nose right on the mark man..im just gettin into this whole thing. i've been observing for a while but now i wanna ask my own questions. i don't even have my system yet b/c i need to know if i'm gonna hafta buy some more electrical stuff

yeah i would definetly upgrade your alternator but chance are your amp doesn't put out 1400watts unless your starting out with a **** good amp. what amp are you looking at??

adam

a jbl 1200.1 and a total of 200 for mids(not sure which amp yet). but is there a website i can check out that deals just w/ the electronics. im not at all familiar with all this dry battery, capacitor stuff.

Caps are useless...don't use them....think of them as one more thing for your battery/alternator to charge

I wouldn't worry TOO much about your alternator yet...but an extra battery would probably be sufficient....the jbl 1200.1 is one of the most efficient amps out there....there's plenty of people running them off stock electrical systems....

alright you prooved yourself to be a **** fool right there ceedub. if caps were useless would they be in the majority of comp cars?? i think not, oh and caps are stored power that give an extra jolt of electricity when the bass hits, not draining your alternator if i am correct on that and i am almost certain i am. i sure as hell know your a fool ceedub. caraudio magazine june 2002 issue stats that caps can be a good way to help your electrical system if all your system pulls is like 10amps or less than what your alternator puts out.

keep it thumpin,

adam

bumps right, caps do help, but those new batcaps from xstatic are supposed to be even better than getting a regular a cap, some are supposed to have 300 farads compared to 1 cap, and it can be had for less than a regular cap. Another company that puts out some good caps is alumapro. ive heard the cap5 is sufficient enough for most systems, and the cap 15 is even better if you have a lot of wattage. Hope this helps.

ceedub go read the july 2002 issue of car audio magazine my bad i put the wrong month. your trying to say caps are useless then NO ONE WOULD BUY THEM YOU GOD **** MORON. your just as stupid as texan was or mytrunkslamz used to be before he wised up.

adam

People buy caps because they get caught up in advertising BS....I know...I had a cap before and experience NO GAIN AT ALL IN ANY FACTOR WHATSOEVER....

Originally posted by CeeDub People buy caps because they get caught up in advertising BS....I know...I had a cap before and experience NO GAIN AT ALL IN ANY FACTOR WHATSOEVER....
you don't understand the carsound post..... CAPS do work. Richard Clark is saying BIG caps don't due to ESR/ESL in the design making them useless. You have to READ IT. What did you see that Richard post don't work and caps in the same tread and assume that he means ALL caps????

Originally posted by abercrombie2582 bumps right, caps do help, but those new batcaps from xstatic are supposed to be even better than getting a regular a cap, some are supposed to have 300 farads compared to 1 cap, and it can be had for less than a regular cap. Another company that puts out some good caps is alumapro. ive heard the cap5 is sufficient enough for most systems, and the cap 15 is even better if you have a lot of wattage. Hope this helps.
batcaps are expensive as hell the smallest one costs more than my stinger 1000 cca battery and caps do add strain as they need to be charged remember they store power thay are not a power fix as "stores" call them...they are an extra accessory shops try to sell u they are a performance upgrade that in good conditions help your electrical system but it isnt a fix

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.