Do I need big 3?

ChucklezZ
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have my sub and amp, now I'm buying the wiring.. I figured I'd buy a big 3 kit while I'm at it, but will I need it? I have an saz1500, but it's only on 1 12 so it'll only be wired to 750rms.

Does this mean that my electrical system actually only sees 750 cause i'm wired to 2 ohm or does it see all 1500? I have an 03 ford ranger if that helps.

I have my sub and amp, now I'm buying the wiring.. I figured I'd buy a big 3 kit while I'm at it, but will I need it? I have an saz1500, but it's only on 1 12 so it'll only be wired to 750rms.
Does this mean that my electrical system actually only sees 750 cause i'm wired to 2 ohm or does it see all 1500? I have an 03 ford ranger if that helps.
you should really do a big 3 with any system. its a cheap way to add some power to your electrical

issue is chuck , your stock alt with the stock wires cant keep up with recharging the battery current that the amp will be drawing . so yes you need it .

That's why I got the 1500 cause I planned on getting 2 12's, but I'm 16 and money becomes a problem haha. As for the sub, looks sick, can't say much more til it's hooked up.

An extra battery is only useful if you plan on playing music with the car off in most situations. You'll still experience voltage drop of your alternator can't keep up. And find out what your stock alternator outputs and get wire that corresponds with that rating.. No need wasting money on 0 gauge if it isn't needed. I know how it feels to build a system on a tight budget lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.