do i need any sound deadening

jds4x4
10+ year member

austin
well i was wonder what all it does besides stop rattles, because my truck doesnt really rattle so that no big deal.. but will it improve sq. could i just put it on my doors and get dome desent results from it? how much do you think i would need for just the doors in my dodge ram quad cab?? thanks

Almost anytime I've seen deadener put in doors, people see an improvement in their midbass output. The soundwaves will be broken up less the fewer panels there are vibrating. Deadening will also reduce road noise. It makes a HUGE difference if you put some on your floors and firewall under the carpet. Sometimes it's nice to be able to turn your stereo off and have true silence. No annoying road noise. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

right now i have some rockford fostgate hpc 6x9s and 5 1/4s. each with about 100watts on them... i also have a 12inch infinity perfect that sees about 500-600 watts..

oh and i have alot of road noise since my truck has a really loud true dual exhaust system...

how hard is it to remove the seats and such so that i could put some stuff down??

and how much do you guys think i would need to cover the doors in my quad cab

and then how much more would i need to do a good layer on the floor?

thanks again

well i was wonder what all it does besides stop rattles, because my truck doesnt really rattle so that no big deal.. but will it improve sq. could i just put it on my doors and get dome desent results from it? how much do you think i would need for just the doors in my dodge ram quad cab?? thanks

doors and behind the back seat. me ram rattles like hell

then again, i can't hear ur ram from my house..hehehahha

right now i have some rockford fostgate hpc 6x9s and 5 1/4s. each with about 100watts on them... i also have a 12inch infinity perfect that sees about 500-600 watts..
oh and i have alot of road noise since my truck has a really loud true dual exhaust system...

how hard is it to remove the seats and such so that i could put some stuff down??

and how much do you guys think i would need to cover the doors in my quad cab

and then how much more would i need to do a good layer on the floor?

thanks again

12 bolts total....front 8..back 4......and seats come out...damping is worth the effort

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.