do i need another batt or alt?

noble brown

Senior VIP Member
the install is a 2007 buick lucerne. 2 Type Rs (D2s) one is going to a kicker dx 1000.1 @ 1ohm. the other is probably going to a crunch gpv 1000.2 bridged @ 4ohms until i kop another DX. i may try it out with both going to the DX @ 2ohms cause i know that GPV isnt pushin anything close to 1000. either way i have 1/0 from the batt to a distribution block splitting into 4ga. the alt line looks to be 4ga as does the the ground. at what point should i start thinking of a HO alt or another batt? i have another batt on hand if i need it but i not sure how to wire it in

Don't run two different kinds of amps.. If you want more power get two of the same amp

And be careful with those Type Rs... If you're sending them 1000w and a clipped signal you'll blow them up

dont use both amps to power the subs .you'll have problems ,big problems maybe use the 1 amp only until you get abetter amp ,better yet sell both of them on craigslist ,come back here and get a good amp.

dont use both amps to power the subs .you'll have problems ,big problems maybe use the 1 amp only until you get abetter amp ,better yet sell both of them on craigslist ,come back here and get a good amp.
Probably the best idea then buy a amp and battery from mylows

dont use both amps to power the subs .you'll have problems ,big problems
i was actually wondering about that. what kinda problems would i experience? i believe you, im just curious.

better amp ,better yet sell both of them on craigslist ,come back here and get a good amp.
SOB! really?! DX is POS? i just bought it too, at full retail. reviews looked good and it was CEA compliant, i mean it wasnt my first choice by far but it was affordable considering i got using a credit line from a popular retail outlet. ok. so give me some ideas mylows so i kno what im saving up for. how is diesel?

What is your other batt? What batt do you have now? and hooking em both up to the dx is your best bet for now... if you just bought it it has a warrenty return it get your money back, not a bad amp just can get better

diesel is junk , american bass , sundown , dc , dd ,.what kind of budget .also you might have issues with one sub getting more power than the other which may cause phase or cancellation problems

lols you dont need an HO or a batt for those amps.
yeah i kinda figured, just making sure

diesel is junk , american bass , sundown , dc , dd ,.what kind of budget .also you might have issues with one sub getting more power than the other which may cause phase or cancellation problems
i could prolly do somewhere around 3-5 within a couple of months

What is your other batt? What batt do you have now? and hooking em both up to the dx is your best bet for now... if you just bought it it has a warrenty return it get your money back, not a bad amp just can get better
yeah i could return it, its not even out of the box yet but im strapped for cash, i wouldnt actually get any money back for since it was on a credit line. so i figure its what i got for now unless someone wants to trade for a sundown or AB lol

yeah i kinda figured, just making sure

i could prolly do somewhere around 3-5 within a couple of months

yeah i could return it, its not even out of the box yet but im strapped for cash, i wouldnt actually get any money back for since it was on a credit line. so i figure its what i got for now unless someone wants to trade for a sundown or AB lol
so you used a credit card or something else

don't recommend people use credit to buy toys. toys should be paid for in cash. houses or cars are acceptable purchases on credit.

just run one sub and one amp until you have an amp suitable for both. build a box for it to fit the car. you may even be happy with the output of one in a larger vented box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.