Do I need an amp for my speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Right on, ill check the classifieds here, I didn't even think about that. Class D amps are good to use on speakers? I heard that they distort on higher frequencies and should only be used on subs.
Also, I might need to use the speaker level inputs from the HU because getting more RCA cables through the dash of that bus might not be possible. Do all amps allow speaker level inputs, or just some? It's the high level input connector on the amp right?
rcas are better but most amps do have hi level input just look at amp good before u buy..

Right on, ill check the classifieds here, I didn't even think about that. Class D amps are good to use on speakers? I heard that they distort on higher frequencies and should only be used on subs.
Also, I might need to use the speaker level inputs from the HU because getting more RCA cables through the dash of that bus might not be possible. Do all amps allow speaker level inputs, or just some? It's the high level input connector on the amp right?
That is BS.
i think what he is referring to is the old school class d amps that were incapable of playing higher than, what weas it... something like 200 hz?

That’s just a mono bass amp. If it can’t play 20k it’s not full range.
correct, and when class d amps hit the scene back in the early 2000's, they werent physically capable of playing full range

Wouldn’t be hard at all.
A 40w pio can't generate 100w fully clipped. If the guy prefers music over distortion so extreme music is unrecognizable -- everything will be fine.

A 100w speaker should be able to dissipate 100w of power (any kind of power) indefinitely. I guess you don't have much respect Kicker.

I suppose MAYBE running w/o HPF and trying to get bass out of them could contribute to mechanical failure -- even then, gain adjustment would have to be off the chart. Besides that, nothing to worry about IMO.

How do you think people blow speakers with boss amps?
Have speakers as low quality as their amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.