Do i NEED an amp for my speakers

88k5blazer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Hey guys tell me what u think. I have a pair of 3 1/2 inch infinity's(25watts rms) in my dash and type r 6x9's(65 watts rms) in the rear. The head unit is a

kenwood kdc-mpv6022. The speakers sound very good, alot better than i had expected. What i wanted to know was would it be worth it to buy an amp to power these speakers? cuz right now they r running off of the h/u's amp (50watts rms x 4) I'm not complaining about the sound just was wondering how much better they would sound and if it wouldbe worth it. Also if the answer is yes get an amp, suggestions would also help.

You don't need one ... but it would make some difference if that's what you're looking for.

You could get a 4 channel amp now if you have extra cash floating around. Later on, if you wanted to upgrade to a single component set ... you could bridge the amp and use it for the components.

- Steve

your HU isn't really giving 50w per channel, that's for sure. just about every HU on the market claims 50 or 52wx4, and it's a total load. they're really only pushing 13-17w per channel, if even that. an amp will run MUCH cleaner and louder with less distortion.

i'm getting a Profile CA440 to power my speakers (60 actual watts x 4 @ 4ohms), it's looks to be pretty reliable. i also hear tons of good stuff about US Acoustics 4ch amps (USB 4065 - 4x65w, and the USB 4085 - 4x85w). all budget-minded amps with plenty of power to push your interior speakers.

abe m.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.