Do i need a HO alternator?

Depends on how hard and long you pound. A good 1500 watt amp can easily kill the tiny electrical in that car. I don't think you'll really be able to 2000 watts from more than about a couple of minutes before you kill your batt or alternator.

If your serious about wanting that much power, then you'll have to get serious about getting an alt that can supply that much power.

i have the same setup. i needed the HO alt. i would get massive dimming if i ran my full power on the stock alt. i bet i would put my amps into protect if i didnt have my ho alt. but some people get by with little problems on the same power. depends on the car.

Before I upgraded my electrical system I was running 2200 watts daily, big 3 was done and an Optima Yellow top under the hood and never had any dimming problems. It's all going to depend on your factory electrical system, like your alt. My stock Alt is a 105 amp, most imports won't be that high, and that will make a difference.

a decent ho alt won't draw on the engine any more than a stock alt. Your engine would be fine.
not true! I had a large case chevy on my crx and when i started in on the system the car would bog down. If i were you i would do the big 3 and put a smaller battery in the back of your car.I have a stinger spv44 in the back of my 02 eclipse off the stock alt it has never givin me a problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.