DLS vs Seas in active setup

Participant count
  • Participant list
What set of speakers do you like more?
I will run they active from a 9861/H701combo.

I already have two 4 ch amps (eclipse).

Dls Iridiums 63 or seas lotus reference midrange & tweet plus some good midbasss driver?
Which 'good' midbass? Kind of difficult to compare when we we don't know what you will use with the other Seas drivers.

Seems like kind of a waste if you are going to buy the 6.3 set and not use the passives.

Both have a lot of potential to sound really good or like crap depending on install.

Which 'good' midbass? Kind of difficult to compare when we we don't know what you will use with the other Seas drivers.
Seems like kind of a waste if you are going to buy the 6.3 set and not use the passives.

Both have a lot of potential to sound really good or like crap depending on install.
I'm just starting to think about the seas. I don't know which midbass is the best companion to the seas. Any advise?

I'm already running an active 3 way setup. I have found a big difference from the passive setup just changing xover points. That's why I just don't want to go back to a passive one.

I know about the importance of the install. I'm thinking on kicks or dash pods for the mids/tweets and midbasses at the doors. Good deadning, etc.

I like very much the dash pods. I'm now running 4" in the dash (slightly angled forward) and tweets looking directly to my face. The stage height is perfect. At moderate volumes is headphones-like.

I'm just starting to think about the seas. I don't know which midbass is the best companion to the seas. Any advise?I'm already running an active 3 way setup. I have found a big difference from the passive setup just changing xover points. That's why I just don't want to go back to a passive one.

I know about the importance of the install. I'm thinking on kicks or dash pods for the mids/tweets and midbasses at the doors. Good deadning, etc.

I like very much the dash pods. I'm now running 4" in the dash (slightly angled forward) and tweets looking directly to my face. The stage height is perfect. At moderate volumes is headphones-like.
The DIYMA Forum awaits!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.