DLS or Focal

Louder? Why would you buy these if you were worried about which one was louder?

I think that properly installed the DLS will have more midbass, but your installation has much more to do with the midbass performance of either driver, than the difference between these two good drivers will have.

I like the DLS tweeter much more.

There going in custom kicks im making and i will sound deaden the piss out of them and behind them. Using 12 awg speaker wire too lol a little over kill but who cares

do you like a "brighter" high end sound, or a more "laid back" sound? focals tend to be brighter and dls tend to be more laid back.

Well my brother likes his highs as high as possible...so maybe i should lean a little more towards focal....he likes to have his **** ears Ring when he gets out of his car...that how the kids around here impress another...loudest subs and loudest stereo, they could give a crap about SQ, heck most dont even know what SQ and Spl mean let alone the difference.. Alls they say is dude when i get out of so and so's car i can barely hear anything, it sounded so good... Blah i just want to smack some **** kids!

have you heard DLS in person? I dont have any store around here that carry any higher authorities like DLS focal or anything. Just all the mainstream sh!t like kicker, Alpine, and JL and all the other stuff...Thats all anyone knows is wow dude you got JL dude you have the best system...its so We Tard DID. But will the DLS tweets get screamin loud? I mean i have rainbows SL's and the tweets are pretty descent, kinda got a tiny sound to them..

It sounds to me like the focals would be a better fit for your brother, but I sure am loving my DLS's so far.

hey expy, which of the two got louder...well i know i definetly would be goin with DLS but i think he would be happier with Focals because of there harsh tweeter

Well my brother likes his highs as high as possible...so maybe i should lean a little more towards focal....he likes to have his **** ears Ring when he gets out of his car...that how the kids around here impress another...loudest subs and loudest stereo, they could give a crap about SQ, heck most dont even know what SQ and Spl mean let alone the difference.. Alls they say is dude when i get out of so and so's car i can barely hear anything, it sounded so good... Blah i just want to smack some **** kids!

then why do either one. save some cash and get something cheap with good power handling.

haha horns! i wish....but that car has no room to put them let along him having the money to buy them and crossovers and mids...so thats kinda out of the question. **** if i could, i think alls he needs is some ****in concert speakers in there, he would be happy with them sh1tters. Go to the mexican store downtown and buy me some PYLES!!!!(no pun intended, it really is a mexican audio store). but then again if i am ever to drive his car i would be pissed to have to listen to **** speakers... what the next step up from the 165v2 line? and how much are the iriadiums?

Iridiums are 470ish from Tplaya on here...

You could 'maybe' find a pair of Utopia's on ebay for that, but they usually run 5.

The K2Ps can get wicked loud, (what I had) 100rms and 200 max..

Def. a more aggressive speaker..

... The K2P's use the TN 52 tweeter, its harsh, and the Utopia's run the TN 51

.. if I had to do it all over again I would have gotten the Focal Utopia 180's....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.