SOLD DIYMA 12" Sub + Custom Enclosure

Specs:

* Acceptable enclosure size: .25 to 1.5cft sealed box (larger enclosures INCREASE powerhandling)

* Acceptable amplifer power range: 200 to 1000 watts per sub

* Recommended for typical SQ use: 1cft + 300 watt amplifier power

LMAO

Specs:
* Acceptable enclosure size: .25 to 1.5cft sealed box (larger enclosures INCREASE powerhandling)

* Acceptable amplifer power range: 200 to 1000 watts per sub

* Recommended for typical SQ use: 1cft + 300 watt amplifier power

LMAO
From the horse's mouth. I'm sure a guy who engineered a sub that sold thousands of units and made virtually every customer who bought one happy probably knows just a wee bit more about what his sub is capable of than you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

DIYMA 12" Sub CLEARANCE ... until supplies last - DIYMA.com

If he's talking about mechanical handling, then he is wrong. No sub on earth can handle more power in a larger box than a smaller one(assuming sealed box where there's no port to worry about). As far as thermal handling, the only reason why it might be able to handle more power is due to more air to properly cool the coil? Seems kinda far-fetched, but you never know.

If he's talking about mechanical handling, then he is wrong. No sub on earth can handle more power in a larger box than a smaller one(assuming sealed box where there's no port to worry about). As far as thermal handling, the only reason why it might be able to handle more power is due to more air to properly cool the coil? Seems kinda far-fetched, but you never know.
exactly.

so if i put the sub in like say a 100 cf box it should handle oh somewhere around 50k daily?

if so ill take it

There's no need to act like retards. I've probably owned and installed more subs than most people on this forum so don't take my low post count for granted. The reason powerhandling increases as enclosure size increases is specific to this sub in particular: the cone has a problem with higher power in very small, sealed enclosures. The pressure present in such small enclosures causes the (relatively thin) cone to buckle under the pressure. So where you can run the sub in a 1.5 cubic foot sealed enclosure with 800w rms with no problems, it is not advised to run it in a .7 cubic foot sealed enclosure at 800w rms due to the cone issue. The sub's powerhandling can therefore be increased as enclosure size increases, as long as the enclosure size and power remain reasonable based on suggested setups (and t/s parameters).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.