Distortion even at low volume using high level input

Participant count
  • Participant list

Keohapa

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hawaii
Hooked up a 12 Rockford p300 powered sub to front speakers via high level inputs. Sub sounds distorted at low volume even with gain/bass boost almost all the way down. Factory head unit has very basic EQ (low/mid/high). Any suggestions

Try to connect an 3.5mm to RCA cable from your phone to the unit to find if the signal is the issue. If polarities are ok, scrutinize the subwoofer. Sometimes the dustcap comes partially undone causing rattle at all volumes. If you dismount it, you could also inspect tinsel leads.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

U have to ignore that idiot !...thats the next thing i would do is check wires.i would run new beings how the wiring is old.
Hey guys, anyone with a DD-1 or other distortion detector in the south florida area ? Thnks
The amplifier will only amplify the waveform that you put into it. I think you have missed or are misinterpreting something here.
I don't think so, it is the standard radio/speaker combo that comes from factory, but I will do some research to make sure there isn't one hidden...

About this thread

Keohapa

CarAudio.com Newbie
Keohapa
Hawaii
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from