Distortion after ~25 minutes of playing

Participant count
  • Participant list

nstillmatic
10+ year member

When I have my system on, it runs fine till about a half hour or so then it starts to mass distort at medium volume level. Is this a sign of an issue with the electrical? I have a 165a high output alt, with a yellowtop in front and a Kinetik HC2000 in the rear; I double checked all the connections. Not sure if this is relevant, but it happened recently a couple weeks after installing my HAT Imagine set. The distortion also goes away if I go to a low volume level. My gains are also set on the safe side.

I'm going to try and get my battery checked out, and see if it's not being charged as it should but thought I'd get this boards opinion on this.

If that is the case, how would I rectify it? The speaker getting too hot? I'm running 16 gauge Karma SS speaker wire from Knukonceptz.com and like I said, the gains are set fairly low and I only play at a moderate volume.

Alright, think I found the problem. I checked the voltage of the rear bat, and it's resting around 9 volts. Tried trickle charging it over night and it doesn't seem to get above 10 so I'm thinking dead. Bought one of those deka 9a31s off Bad4health, re-doing my ground and adding an isolator. We'll see how that works out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.