Direct leads on subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bucknasty69

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a couple of NVX VCW124's and the spring terminals go through the frame and has a threaded bolt coming out the top with tinsel leads w/ring terminals on them tightened down with a washer and nut. So my question is Can I add ring terminal to my speaker wire and put it on the bolt with the tinsel lead. I want to do this because the spring terminals won't accept bigger than 12 gauge and the cut outs on box are so tight of fit that any kind of a gauge reducer will not fit. It surely appears to look acceptable to do but I wanted to ask some people who know much more about the subject. Thank you

I don't see why that wouldn't work use another nut or take that one off and put your ring terminal under that one
Thank you and sorry so long to reply been having some family issues and kind of forgot everything else for a little while. I ended up taking off the original nut and put my ring terminal on top of original lock washer that was on top of original tinsel ring terminal then added another lock washer and a few drops of blue loc tite and tightened the nut back down. It worked like a charm until I got bright idea to upgrade head unit with pioneer avh 3500nex now got a whole new set of problems. Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.