Dilema on some audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

03TL_TypeS
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I have a friend that said he would sell me his Polk Audio DB1040DVC for 45 bucks, I am on a budget right now so I think its a good idea, was wondering if you guys think the same thing or should I go another route. I just want a nice setup nothing crazy.

I just going to do 1 10 and get a amp to push it and possibly a 4 channel

TIA

-Kevin

DVC8 ohm sub and used and possibly trashed you have no clue. Atleast with his friend he can see the physical condition and verify its working before purchasing. Best Buy is retarded and most likely has no clue.
Normally I'd be right there with you on the Best Buy part but I've ordered a few things from this site and had excellent experiences every time. The prices are very low and the products arrived in perfect condition. Only one product didn't have the original box, the other boxes had some wear and tear but the components themselves all looked and performed like brand new. On top of that the customer service of a large company can't be beat. One of the amps I bought was missing a set screw for the power wire, I called BB to see if they had any extra they could send me. They were going to RMA the amp and send me a whole new one! I said nevemind I'll check the hardware store but good to know they don't mess around. Turns out the setscrew was loose in the box, must have rattled out during shipping. If op needs a DVC 4ohm sub then yes maybe he can stick with his friends sub, which could also have been thrashed though. He did say what ohm he needs or what amp if he has one yet. Just trying to throw out some price conscious suggestions out there.

There is also this guyRE Audio SRI10 10" Dual 2 ohm 300W SRi Car Subwoofer, a few people on this site have picked one up, I haven't tried mine yet but the specs look good and is a step up in power from the Polk without going crazy.

The issue is there is no way to tell by going through CowBoom how hard the sub was beat on before Best Buy took it back. It could be right at its breaking point, it could be good for awhile.

Atleast with his friend he has a chance to verify coil readings, test it out, etc.

Yea I'm really just learning about car audio slowly not sure what kind of amp I'm going to get something that matches the sub hopfully.

Normally I'd be right there with you on the Best Buy part but I've ordered a few things from this site and had excellent experiences every time. The prices are very low and the products arrived in perfect condition. Only one product didn't have the original box, the other boxes had some wear and tear but the components themselves all looked and performed like brand new. On top of that the customer service of a large company can't be beat. One of the amps I bought was missing a set screw for the power wire, I called BB to see if they had any extra they could send me. They were going to RMA the amp and send me a whole new one! I said nevemind I'll check the hardware store but good to know they don't mess around. Turns out the setscrew was loose in the box, must have rattled out during shipping. If op needs a DVC 4ohm sub then yes maybe he can stick with his friends sub, which could also have been thrashed though. He did say what ohm he needs or what amp if he has one yet. Just trying to throw out some price conscious suggestions out there. There is also this guyRE Audio SRI10 10" Dual 2 ohm 300W SRi Car Subwoofer, a few people on this site have picked one up, I haven't tried mine yet but the specs look good and is a step up in power from the Polk without going crazy.

I'm being such a noob and not making one post LOL

I'm going to look into that RE sub its only 15 more than what my friend is selling his for and you said its better than the polk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

I'm being such a noob and not making one post LOL
I'm going to look into that RE sub its only 15 more than what my friend is selling his for and you said its better than the polk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif
Well I said I haven't tried mine yet so I can't say how it would compare to a polk, I have a MM1040DVC anyway. Just trying to throw out good budget options.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.