Digital Designs S2 amp 2200rms @2 ohms $550

Status
Not open for further replies.

justice66
10+ year member

Item(s) for Sale:

I am selling my digital designs S2 Amplifier. This amp is a class a/b amp that does 2200X1 @2 ohms or 1100x2 @1. 390x2 @4ohms in case you want to run some highs/mids with massive amounts of power. All rating are at 10.9 volts i think. thats what was told to me when i bought it. I bought it off here from SPY a little over a year ago. I used it for about 1 month pushing 2 sa-12d2. My electrical was a 300amp alt and 3 optima redtops so my voltage was always good. I selling it for 550 shipped. i can't find any others for sale to get a price so im selling it for what i paid.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

There are a couple sratches on it but nothing that bad. The fans on the bottom are wired to a long piece of wire so you can hook it up to a relay. i did want to mess with soldering to the board so i just wired it to a relay.

Price:

550 shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

20121006_142416_zpsfb864bfd.jpg

20121006_142454_zps8a88c0e4.jpg

20121006_142518_zps20c8ae98.jpg

20121006_142324_zpsb3dd9697.jpg
20121006_115310_zps132b7576.jpg

20121006_115320_zps3c307091.jpg

20121006_115327_zps7c75e960.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is some more info:

The S-Class amps have more of everything, more power, higher slope xovers, high grade pots and components. This amp class is aimed at the more complex installations where higher channel power, finer control and more precision is needed. The S-Class amp circuit uses higher capacity power supplies, bigger transformers, higher damping factor and higher current flowing PC Board's than the C-Class circuits. This amp class is further divided into two different chassis types. The S Class are full sized chassis amplifiers for high wattage applications and the SS Class are small chassis amplifiers where space is in short supply but sound quality is still a priority. The S-Class brings higher end design into affordable price points.

The new S2 is our largest class AB amplifier to date, with long term output capability of over 1100 watts per channel in 1 ohm stereo operation. The S2 was laid out as a high-end design utilizing beautiful rows of output devices and a quad transformer power supply layout. The result is a high speed, high control amplifier with enormous power supply capability that has the singular goal of making your tunes sound as sweet as possible.

The power supply is the heart of the amp and the S2 has a big heart. The quad transformer design keeps torroid core saturation low even under extreme load conditions, not that any DD users would dare drive their amplifier hard. The resulting heat is spread out over a wider area which helps keep efficiency high under duress. Using a quad transformer design also keeps the signal path distance short and as equal as possible between the transformers and mosfet devices. The S2 power supply is able to be designed with tighter tolerances while delivering boatloads of current, so the S2 can hit you soft and deftly with a sledgehammer or bludgeon your brains on demand.

We love big output sections and we love the S2's long line of big output devices. More devices means more control. Big outputs mean more power, so we went with a bunch of big devices. Each prototype kept sounding better and better as we stacked on more devices and more current capability. We found out that more is good, and lots more is even more better than only a little bit more. What we mean to say is that when keeping the overall RMS output goal the same, making the amp design with far more power supply and output capability than the RMS goal, made the amp sound better and better. A lot more parts went into the S2 circuit design than what is needed to make a nice spec sheet. This isn't the cheap way to build an amp or make the best spec sheet power to cost ratio but it does make an amp that is a helleva lot of fun to listen to. All this effort gives the S2 the widest range of applications where compromise is not an option.

The S2 audio section features tight tolerance parts, low DCR film caps and high speed/low distortion operational amplifiers. Setup and versatility are a snap, separate high pass and low pass 24dB/oct crossovers are provided with 20Hz to 5kHz range. Any combination of high pass, band pass or low pass applications can be dialed in. A 10x range expansion allows fine tuning in the upper frequency band. The RCA connections are high quality, screw down units designed for minimal signal loss.

The S2 amplifier can run a wide range of impedance loads making it useful from 1 Ohm Stereo loads to still producing over 350 watts in 4 Ohm stereo loads. The S2 becomes a brute when bridged mono to drive sub systems, producing over 2200 watts of long term power without a strain. This isn't just class AB power, but old school, heavy handed, no compromise power for those who believe it is better to do something right or don't do it at all.

Hard to sell high powered 2 channel amps. It's almost like it's a specific need.
Yeah I hear ya when I bought this amp the post it was 4 pages of people saying how great it was now when I try to sell it nobody wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...