Digital Designs is not innovative.

How is any of that pushing forward the only thing new was th sw2508. Supercharging meh old ****. Soundstream makes coaxials that also can be used as comps does that mean they have innovated before dd. Try again goober smooch!

You guys are hilarious. What they did with that coaxial speaker is something I've not seen before. I can't say I fully understand what they're doing, as according to the picture it appears the tweeter plays through the motor into the back side of the woofer cone.

You guys are hilarious. What they did with that coaxial speaker is something I've not seen before. I can't say I fully understand what they're doing, as according to the picture it appears the tweeter plays through the motor into the back side of the woofer cone.
Yeah really curious how this would work. Some kinda horn?

I wish I could find the thread were Jacob tested some supercharged dd subs. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Idk I can't find the link but I do remember something about supercharging throwing off the inductance and making it not very linear on long strokes.

The new design they created probably will infact surpass most standard coax designs when it comes to playing a range of frequencies with less distortion and better output.

But all in all it we need actual tests done to fully commend them on a new idea like this.

Most new ideas have already been thought of, but usually are not produced because of costs & actual proof it would help in perfecting the design of such speaker.

I wish I could find the thread were Jacob tested some supercharged dd subs. Let me see if I can dig it up.
Idk I can't find the link but I do remember something about supercharging throwing off the inductance and making it not very linear on long strokes.
You should really stop trying to bring up what Jacob or his company has said or done.

As much as i despise DD because of its products. No matter what they will always come on top as they truly have better speaker designs.

Jacob is on a good start, but until he can create something that can overthrow DD then he has no room to talk as of yet about other products.

Im no DD fan as i rather be different, but i do take there place in the audio world into consideration.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's pretty awesome. Assuming it plays up through the voice coil former. Sorta confused as to what type of material they would use for the dustcap though in this instance. Not sure what would be semi-transparent enough to not muffle anything but still provide rigidity and surface area.

No one cares. This thread isnt about subs. Don't need to see DD's supercharged bullshit in every thread.

The new design they created probably will infact surpass most standard coax designs when it comes to playing a range of frequencies with less distortion and better output.
But all in all it we need actual tests done to fully commend them on a new idea like this.

Most new ideas have already been thought of, but usually are not produced because of costs & actual proof it would help in perfecting the design of such speaker.
It does cost a lot of money to design and pay for tooling for a new product. I think you don't know how much can be done with simulations to predict the performance of speakers. Also, once a speaker is built there is testing to show exactly how it performs in controlled conditions. In the case of full range speakers, tweeters, etc. the measurements can be attributed with a great deal of accuracy to the design and materials chosen. This site publishes reviews based on results of one precise way to test speakers: http://medleysmusings.com/

Is DD using Klippel measurements to verify their speaker's performance? I don't know. This coaxial speaker is not for audiophiles, so my guess is no.

This isn't new.... Eminence (pro audio) has made coaxials like this for years. And I'm sure other pro audio companies have as well. I was actually considering a pair of the eminence coax's in my next install since I'm sponsored by them.

But, DD is good about bringing things from other spectrums of the audio world and making them relevant to car audio. DD may be a bit more expensive than the fly by night cookie cutter companies, but I don't mind supporting them most of the time. They don't bring a TON of innovation to the table, but much more so than most SPL oriented brands. Talk bad about DD all you want, but I guarantee my Z's will be louder than anyone with a 2 driver setup that talks bad about DD.

Speaker Detail | Eminence Speaker

This isn't new.... Eminence (pro audio) has made coaxials like this for years. And I'm sure other pro audio companies have as well. I was actually considering a pair of the eminence coax's in my next install since I'm sponsored by them.
But, DD is good about bringing things from other spectrums of the audio world and making them relevant to car audio. DD may be a bit more expensive than the fly by night cookie cutter companies, but I don't mind supporting them most of the time. They don't bring a TON of innovation to the table, but much more so than most SPL oriented brands. Talk bad about DD all you want, but I guarantee my Z's will be louder than anyone with a 2 driver setup that talks bad about DD.

Speaker Detail | Eminence Speaker
The ones you linked are not full range

The ones you linked are not full range
**** BETA 8CX, 10CX, 12CX and ACOUSTINATOR™ CX 2008 are coaxial speakers with tweeter sold separately. Published Usable Frequency response contingent upon use of APT 50 HF Driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.