Digital designs 8's or 10's

If a quick reference to another subwoofer changed your adamant decision to search for DD 8s only, you may want to ask yourself first what you plan on doing with the 8s. Just because a subwoofer looks like another, weighs the same etc, that does not mean it is the same subwoofer. Quality of build or individual parts aside, if something is different, then electrically it acts differently. That means that for every box you test multiple subwoofers in, you'll get a different response from each sub. Sadly, this is how everyone judges which subwoofers are better than others. You have to have a goal to be able to pick a better aligned subwoofer for the job. There are applications where the many other brand 8s listed above would be skunked by the DD 1508 and just as many applications where the Cadence or DC would whoop the DD's butt exponentially. It has nothing to do with the price, it has nothing to do with the name. It has everything to do with the parameters, intended bandwidth, maximum dimensions available, year-make and model of vehicle, listening position, etc. Pitting sub against sub with no criteria to be judged against is a waste of everybody's time.........but it is a good way to quickly pick out those whose early responses aren't worth the web space they just used to reply.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.